• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about Carbon Fiber Exterior Sport Package

My understanding is that the "Carbon Fiber Exterior Sport Package" option included a dark chrome exhaust finisher.

However, I have seen a couple of 2017 NSXs with this option, but with a bright chrome exhaust finisher vs. a dark chrome exhaust finisher. Is that possible?

The Carbon fiber exterior package was an expensive option. I believe $9000. It included a black exhaust surround. There are the carbon fiber sides, front spoiler and the carbon fiber rear. Many who did not get that option have painted their chrome surround/finisher black.

Thank you for the insights.

I guess my question is somewhat reversed. I saw 2 NSXs (both 2017) with the carbon fiber exterior package option. It has the carbon fiber sides, the carbon fiber front spoiler, and the carbon fiber rear valence. BUT the exhaust surround is still chrome, not black, from the factory...

Here is an example.

1668686129569.png

Thank you. That's what I understood as well per the PR release. Mine has the Exterior Carbon Fiber option as well and also has the black surrounding. So, when I came across two examples that had Chrome, I was confused.

Back