• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about Driving in Sport and Sport +

I happen to go for a 100 mile drive to San Luis Obispo for lunch today. While driving on the highway I played around with the driving mode of Sport and Sport+. In going from Sport to Sport+ the parameters change and the exhaust sound increases. Normally at around 75 mph the tack is reading around 3000 rpm. Normally in Sport+ the trans only goes up to 7th gear. I flipped the right paddle and the trans went from 7 to 8 and then I flipped it again and it went into 9 ninth gear. The rpms dropped similar to what they would be in ninth gear in Sport mode at around 2000 rpm. The exhaust continued to sound loud. So I am assuming that all the normal parameters associated with Sport+ are engaged but I can also run the car in a higher gear then normal. When operating in Sport mode at 75 mph the car is pretty quiet. By running in Sport+ but in 9th gear, I am hearing a bit more exhaust. So my question is when in Sport mode is the exhaust muffler still restricted? When you go into Sport+ it seems that the exhaust muffler opens up and is less restrictive? I don't imagine it is simply the sound module making the difference.

When you engage the Sport mode the valves are initially closed, but will open depending on how aggressive you drive within the mode.

In Sport+ and Track the Valves are open.

I happen to go for a 100 mile drive to San Luis Obispo for lunch today. While driving on the highway I played around with the driving mode of Sport and Sport+. In going from Sport to Sport+ the parameters change and the exhaust sound increases. Normally at around 75 mph the tack is reading around 3000 rpm. Normally in Sport+ the trans only goes up to 7th gear. I flipped the right paddle and the trans went from 7 to 8 and then I flipped it again and it went into 9 ninth gear. The rpms dropped similar to what they would be in ninth gear in Sport mode at around 2000 rpm. The exhaust continued to sound loud. So I am assuming that all the normal parameters associated with Sport+ are engaged but I can also run the car in a higher gear then normal. When operating in Sport mode at 75 mph the car is pretty quiet. By running in Sport+ but in 9th gear, I am hearing a bit more exhaust. So my question is when in Sport mode is the exhaust muffler still restricted? When you go into Sport+ it seems that the exhaust muffler opens up and is less restrictive? I don't imagine it is simply the sound module making the difference.
Thanks, I tried this last night. I will be using sport plus all the time now since I can up shift to the overdrive gears. I'm also adding muffler bypass next week so it should sound awesome.

Thanks, I tried this last night. I will be using sport plus all the time now since I can up shift to the overdrive gears. I'm also adding muffler bypass next week so it should sound awesome.

What specifically are you doing to accomplish muffler bypass?

What specifically are you doing to accomplish muffler bypass?
It's a new product from Martin Barkey Racing Products, he races the NSX GT3 with Racers Edge. It's not on their website yet, my car will be the first car done. I will post sounds clips after the install, it will sound the same in all modes except in hybrid mode.

http://www.martinbarkeyracing.com/index.php

I'll post more info when available, exhaustctips look really nice, carbon fiber.

Back