• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question about the wheels

I thought I read somewhere that the 7 spoke wheels on the more recent NSX are brighter (more polished) than the original ones on the 1994. Can anyone confirm this? If it is true is there a place where I can get my wheels brighter but not chromed?

rims-94-vs-00.jpg

This photo shows the difference in brightness between the stock rims on the '94 and my '00 model NSX.

I don't know where you can have it done, but I suspect the only difference is in the paint.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 23 November 2000).]

I think you could strip off the paint and polish the bare metal, like most HRE wheels or like my 20 inch billets on my suburban. Looks chrome but is still light.

20inchrim.jpg

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 23 November 2000).]

I think I'll try polishing the wheel at a local place (Elite Wheel or Eddco Wheel)mentioned during an earlier forum topic. If I don't like the results, then I'll just buy the 2000 OEM wheels from Dali Racing. What do you guys think about this plan?

The EDDCO route seems good. I just discovered them recently. They polished the lips on my Konig Tantrums on my GS-R, repaired and polished damaged lips on my Blitz Type 03s for my TL, and polished the lips on some 5Zigen Copses that I just got last week for my NSX.

So far, they've done a great job. I'm sure the job they'd do on NSX OEM wheels would look awesome.

------------------
tams1593.JPG

1995 NSX-T
1997 Integra GS-R 4-dr
1999 3.2TL

Back