• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

question for bigger guys

There arent many cars that can accomodate me but I did have a 91 eclipse and dealt with it fine. I have yet to sit in an NSX but when I first saw it in 1991 I knew I would buy one. The time is approaching and I was wondering what some of the bigger guys out there think about their fit. Im "6'5 250, do I have a chance:frown: My cosin is my size and is ok in his 911
My ex girlfriend saw some guy she worked with that was pretty big but was driving one. I dont mind being tight or uncomfortable but I am concerned about the steering wheel giving me problems shifting etc. Please tell me Ill be ok. I will be crushed if I cant have one. Its the only car I have ever realistically wanted :frown:

Last edited:
Do a search for "tall", "headroom", "height", and such in the owner's & prospective owner's forums. This has come up 97 times before. You need to sit in one & see if you fit. I'm 6'5", ~200lb, size 15 shoes & I fit well legroom wise, very tight on headroom. You're a lot heavier so you might be cramped by the seat bolsters.

I am 6'-3" with a targa. Legroom is not a problem, just a little tight on headroom. I don't use one but you can buy a different seat cushion that will give extra headroom. Like TyraNSX said meet with some locals and sit in one.

I think you can work it out, so go buy your dream car :cool: .

I am 6 feet 220 no issue....

My Brother is 6 feet 5 and only 180 ----- He has to sit in passenger seat with head tilted......he has never tried to drive.......he has plenty of leg room.....with your height and weight you might find it hard....based on looking at him when he sits.....

sorry

Remember, make sure you get to sit in the driver seat, the passenger seat to me is tight.
I was 240 - 6 foot when i bought might and then lost 38 pounds in 7 weeks.
I fit the car I thought when i bought it, then really fit it after wards.
Back up to 220 but slowly coming down.
Go try one on for size.
Trev

Do a search for "tall", "headroom", "height", and such in the owner's & prospective owner's forums. This has come up 97 times before. You need to sit in one & see if you fit. I'm 6'5", ~200lb, size 15 shoes & I fit well legroom wise, very tight on headroom. You're a lot heavier so you might be cramped by the seat bolsters.

Yeah, I think I remember reading in one of those posts about different seat rails you can buy that will lower the seat a bit.
Might be an option...

Yeah, I think I remember reading in one of those posts about different seat rails you can buy that will lower the seat a bit.
Might be an option...

TyraNSX is not talking about lowering the seat (rails) but about lowering one's butt further into the sear (replacing bottom cushion with a thinner one, removing bottom cushion completely, etc).

No, I just meant he had to find a car (stock seats & set-up) & sit in it to see how it fits. There has to be an owner in his area or one for sale in his area that he can do this in. Even if it's an hour or two drive, it's worth it to know for once & for all. That's what I did back in 2002 & posted the same question here back in '03 probably to get multiple opinions.

TyraNSX is not talking about lowering the seat (rails) but about lowering one's butt further into the sear (replacing bottom cushion with a thinner one, removing bottom cushion completely, etc).

I test drove a coupe this weekend, and although I am not terribly big, I found it pretty tight in the headroom area. I am 6'-2" or 6'-3" depending on my slouch and at 210 pounds I am no featherweight either.

We were driving along just fine, but I noticed my head scraping along the headliner quite a bit when we got "spirited", I just can't imagine driving with a helmet on would be comfortable in the least.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought when driving the targa, there seemed to be more headroom with the top on. Could anyone confirm or deny that for me?

But I am also going to echo the previous statements, there are some cars that fit, and some that don't. That reason alone is why I stopped looking at Elises and NSX's and decided on the NSX fir my next toy car.

I'm quite big below the waist, if you know what I mean, and I fit just fine.:biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This car will fit you better than nearly any other exotic, at 6-6 260 leg room is good headroom is tight. Move seat up a little and recline. Corvette,Viper,Fcar are almost out of the question for me IMO, tried them all.

I'm quite big below the waist, if you know what I mean, and I fit just fine.:biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Good to see you still hanging out with us non Pcar guys!

I'm 6'5" too (205 lbs) and I fit ok. I have the lowering cushion but I fit in it ok without it and I've driven a targa and fit when I adjust the seat. Wearing a hat can be uncomfortable though if it tells you how close it is. :tongue:

6'3" - 215lbs with a 36" inseam so I am mostly legs. No issues on head room in a coupe, but the targa required me to lean the seat back more than I like.

You will have sufficient legroom but I think you are too tall. :frown: I am 6' and 220lbs - plenty of legroom but if I were any taller I would be uncomfortable. I tilt the seat back a little and try to adjust it to the spot where there is maximum space above my head, but I still occasionally bang my head on the roof if I hit a particularly jarring bump in the road. In my opinion, the maximum height to be comfortable is six feet. Any taller than that, and you would want the cut-down driver's seat cushion to gain an inch of headroom. I don't see how these taller guys above fit.

Don't take my word for it though. Find one to test-sit and find out for yourself.

I don't see how anyone manages to wear a hat will driving the NSX.

Last edited:
Rodney Dangerfield movie this morning. He's getting fitted for a suit. "12 inches? You're way off."

I'm 5'8" almost 9" :wink: and I guess I sit close to the wheel as my head is less than an inch from the headliner.

I will be crushed if I cant have one. Its the only car I have ever realistically wanted :frown:

I'm 5'6 and 140 lbs. I can't relate to you issue. :biggrin: Actually, I am just clocking my 1000 post. Don't mind me.

Why don't you check out your local NSX Prime member and ask for a fitment test. I am sure your local Prime members will be glad to assist. If it does not fit, and you really want an NSX, maybe you can drive it with the targa top off on good weather days (this will depend on where you live). This just reminded me of a James Bond movie with Jaws driving and his head was sticking out of the sunroof. Good luck.

Back