• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Questions Regarding My NSX I got today

Well first of all.. I got the car with some aftermarket SSR wheels and have questions about them

right now the fronts are 17 X 8 with a tire size of 235/35/17 and when I take a turn the rub bad.. if I take it beyond 75% it starts to cut into the fender where the plastic molding is off and is down to the metal on the frame.

so does anyone have any idea to why? and what can I do to fix it?
Keep in mind it is a '92

Also what is the purpose of the fan on the passenger side inlet in the engine bay?
and where can I get some good shocks (the ones that hold up the engine glass door up)?

I have to say.. the car is a looker.. everyone I knew was impressed with the car and so was I. Just like that commercial.. I LOVE my car.

finally got it eh

I would guess the rubbing might come from the front tires being too wide. Try going with a smaller width tire, like a 215/40/17 which is a popular size for those running 17's in the front.

The rear glass shocks you can get at Gunn Acura, where I'm sure they'll give you a good deal.

Congrats on finally recieving the car. When are you pictures coming? Show us what we've been reading about for the past week or so!

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY
1BADRX7

what is the purpose of the fan on the passenger side inlet in the engine bay?

Cooling of the engine compartment. Acura apparently decided it wasn't really needed, as the later models omitted this.

where can I get some good shocks (the ones that hold up the engine glass door up)?

From the dealer or (as mentioned above) by mail from a low-cost mail order supplier like Tracy at Gunn.

This is a common problem; they wear out after 5-6 years (as do the ones that hold up the trunk). They're inexpensive so it's no big deal to replace them at these intervals.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/TrunkHatchStruts.htm

Congrats!

I read somewhere that the fan on the passenger side was to direct air to the alternator??? Also it moves air into the engine compartment as well.

I have 17 X 8s with a 215/40 tire and they seem to be streched on the rim. I'm going to try 225s I think. Do you know what your offset is? I know mine is 46mm in front.

Originally posted by HapaHaole:
right now the fronts are 17 X 8 with a tire size of 235/35/17 and when I take a turn the rub bad..

Are you sure it isn't a 235/ *40* /17? That's a semi-popular size for NSX's with aftermarket rims/tires and one which can cause some rubbing.

I wasn't aware anyone made a 235/35. (There is, however, a 225/35/17, which I have, with absolutely zero rubbing problems on my lowered NSX..) I'm guessing you have 40 series in front, and 35 series in the rear...)

Marc

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
Are you sure it isn't a 235/ *40* /17? That's a semi-popular size for NSX's with aftermarket rims/tires and one which can cause some rubbing.
Marc

yes it is 235/35/17 I checked both sides and the label.. the question is can I put 215/40/17 on a 17X8 rim?

Back