• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Racing Seat Recommendations

I'm looking at buying a racing seat sometimes soon. Ideally, I would like to sit in an NSX with the racing seat installed... if not in a NSX, at least it would be nice if I could see the seats in person. Does anyone know if there is a shop in the SF Bay Area that has seats on display?

I have a Sparco Evo installed in my M3. It's pretty comfortable and give good support at the track. You're welcome to try it out...i'm in sunnyvale. Lemme know.

Seats are highly dependent on your taste. Picking a seat is like buying a pair of shoes. It has to fit right, feel right, and if you care, look right.

In my experience, there are three manufactures that are known as the better seat manufactures. Recaro, Sparco, and OMP.

I am about 155 lbs, 6'0", and have a 32" waist. Of the seats above, my favorites are these (in order of most prefered for the NSX):

- Recaro SPG (expensive)
- OMP RS (expensive, pads not removable)
- Sparco EVO/REV (tie, all around best seats)
- OMP Grip (somewhat expensive)

Remember, the NSX is quite narrow, so make sure to work with someone who has experience fitting seats in your car.

Disclaimer: I am a vendor for these three brands. If you have interest, contact me, and let me know what your needs are. We'll try and work together to pick a seat that best fits your needs. All at an NSXer discount :)

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 14 August 2001).]

Andrie -- my bad on the EVO. I know the Sparco REV, Recaro SPG, OMP Grip, and OMP RS do fit in the NSX.

My REV (56 wide) fits with about an inch & 1/2 extra on each side. The EVO is 60 wide.

The Recaro SPG fits with about 1/2 - 1" on each side.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Back