• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rayco Eurospec Motorcars in PA

Hi,

I plan to check out the 97 NSX-T at Rayco in Kingston PA tomorrow (2/2). I'm coming up from MD. I hope to be there around 11 am. If anyone else has time to stop by and help me check the car out, I would greatly appreciate it. Look forward to seeing the car and maybe meet some nsxprime members.

thanks,
William Tsao

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 01 February 2002).]

I believe William is looking for a place to buy a used NSX - not to take an NSX and make it ugly!

Hey, if you take the letters in "CYBERNATION" and re-arrange them, you get:

Atnn: R--- B--!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 02 February 2002).]

I looked at that car at Rayco. I wasted my time. It is NOT like new, and the people who run the place are arrogant. I don't have time for that. I bought a new one instead.

William,

Let us know how you made out at Rayco. I am familiar with them.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

I think I saw this car. Red/Black small scratch r upper rear--easily fixable. Clean but not showroom. I did not drive it. I went to look at a Ferrari 3348ts and the NSX. I was a serious buyer who waas trying to pick between these two cars. They really did not offer to let me drive either (they must get a lot of just looking and not buying shoppers). In any case I took a plane to Chicago and then Salt Lake City to test two 348's and one NSX (engine sounded like something was not firing correct) but...great test drives! I voted against the 348's and decided to try a look at a different NSX. In the end I went for a 98 NST-T from April Miller (Team in Springfield, MO). I am sure if Rayco would have let me drive the NSX and the Ferrari when I was there with a check in hand, then I would have bought it THAT day and I would have saved the airfares. The Rayco guys were very helpful and had good cars (not perfect)..they just missed a sale beeing to protective of their cars. I would not call them arrogant, just not the sharpest sales guys for missing my sale. I am an impulse buyer of cars not a shopper for fun. Selling cars is a risky business and car prices are slipping (NSX included), but to move them you have to take some risks on real customers. I hope you liked the NSX. I hope you will buy it or another NSX soon. Best sports car I have ever driven ( and I have owned and driven +++++) Good luck!!!

------------------

I did check out the 97 NSX-T. It did have a few chips in the paint and scratches in the rear panel. One small ding on the driver side door. The car's exterior was in good shape but not in mint condition. The owner
also didn't let me drive the car.
Initially, he put me through a bunch of questions just to verify that I was coming up from MD. After I explained to him about a noise that I heard in an NSX that he couldn't explain then he took the car out with me as the passenger. My descriptions about the noise problem helped convince him that I was a serious buyer (weird). He later told me that there were plenty of people who weren't serious and its hard to tell the type of buyer.

In the end, he was very nice. He showed me around the place and I checked out all the work records done on the car. I told him I would think about it and get back to him.

I decide not to get that particular NSX.

I am surprised that they did not let you drive the car. I drove one of their NSXs and they didn't give me any problems.

I drove up in an NSX, so perhaps that had something to do with it. Perhaps my age and a few gray hairs also had something to do with it as well.
wink.gif

I guess it all boils down to the particular car at a given point in time.

Was the car priced reasonably for what it was?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 04 February 2002).]

When I drove 6 hours to look at the Rayco NSX and the 348ts I showed up in a new Lexus LS430 and a $20,000 Rolex. I got to SIT in the cars. I did not even get a ride. I ask technical detailed question concerning belt and 348ts repairs. They seemed to be well informed, but Ferrari dealers expect the belts to be done if you try to sell a Ferrari of 5 year plus age. Bottom line $$$$ (bad design). I took pictures and notes to help me with my final choice. Rayco's skepticism of me as a buyer cost them a sale that day. I get much more support from people such as April Miller of Team Motorsports or Christopher of Premier Sportscars in Spingfield, MO. I have bougth more than a few cars from them. Ever car (NSX, Ferrari 355 and 328, and 911) has been mint and well priced. SO....what NSX did you pick???

Back