• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RDX Injector Fitment Improvement

Anyone who is thinking about the RDX injector mods or already have this mod, I highly recommend this. The injector will fit a lot better! Long story short, if you don't have this mod, your RDX injectors will just be flowing along with the fuel rail.

My car runs much smoother and my butt dyno says yes!! Thanks to Brad providing the drill guide for the easy install.

If you have the infamous RDX injector idle problem, try this mod, replace your PVC valve, new injectors, clean your intake manifold, and clean all your valves with new gaskets. I don't know if any of these were directly related to my idle problem, but my idle problem is gone. Also if you have an aftermarket air filter (uni?) , don't oil your filter too much. The oil was clogging the little tunnels inside my intake manifold.

So I have my kit now and am working on a little manifold clean up, polishing ports.
I also have the A.S. Motorsport Thermal Intake Gaskets I was going to install - http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/176094-Intake-manifold-upgrade-kit-GB-round-2-A-S-Motorsport
This seems to defeat the purpose of this mod lowering the tips of the injector closer into the head.
The A.S. Motorsport gaskets will raise the injector tips ~~ 0.300 higher.
Should I skip the A.S. Motorsport mod?
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Last edited:
Albert,
I found an unused set of the ProSpeed thermal gaskets prior to installing my RDX Mod. The whole setup is working very well for me. I would put them on since you have them. If you decide to NOT use them please let me know.
Brad

Last edited:
Albert,
I found an unused set of the ProSpeed thermal gaskets prior to installing my RDX Mod. The whole setup is working very well for me. I would put them on since you have them. If you decide to NOT use them please let me know.
Brad

Sorry - I just don't follow stuff so well.
I used AS thermal gaskets including the VVIS pan gasket/spacer with their set.
I still have had one hot start up issue that I wished would have gone; just needs a second try to start - it starts, so I guess who cares.
Maybe it is my chip - I don't know what version it is.
Wish I could get a v3 chip to read, I have programmer at office - would like to be sure I am at the latest version.
Other than that the parts are a nice fit, did have to bore out the fuel pipe spacers to a "J" letter drill (0.2770) for them to slide on.
I have a little Jet lathe and a Chinese collet set so it was fast work
Did a full manifold rebuild, and a pretty clean polish job at the same time - looks like new.
Need to drive it more, but physiologically it seems better, seat of the pants say this is working great.

Hi guys, so what all is needed here for the “perfect” setup? The one least likely to cause issues and with the better fitment, I’d rather not have to do any drilling so is there an option that eliminates me doing any fabrication? What’s the cost of this setup? I caught the tail end of this discussion I guess I could back track and try to read through everything to find out if these questions have all been answered, or someone could be kind enough to give me a quick answer if there is one. Thanks in advanced!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be interested as well as I am looking to go the RDX injector route myself.

Back