• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reactions

[MENTION=34751]NbyNW[/MENTION] - thank you thank you for the recommendations. Hugely appreciate it!! Keep hearing how tricky the NSX is to wrap well given the design, your firsthand experience (with a black car) really helpful.

@NbyNW - thank you thank you for the recommendations. Hugely appreciate it!! Keep hearing how tricky the NSX is to wrap well given the design, your firsthand experience (with a black car) really helpful.
Yes, lots of fun angles to wrap. They also used a computer kit/program to cut all the PPF pieces. IIRC he said each mirror was 7 pieces.

One thing you need to ask about and I don't remember if you're getting the rear wing, mine does not have it, yet the kit assumed it did so that piece was cut out of the wrap. They had to cut a custom piece to patch that area on each quarter panel (maybe the kit cut out a piece because it fits great and is hardly noticeable, but you can see a line where the wing would sit). The trunk hatch is good and one piece so not sure why the quarter panels are different.

Full wrap, tint, ceramic for about $7k.

Hey all, speaking of tints did folks get the the rear glass done or just for the cabin? I’m thinking of getting mine done while the car is getting wrapped but would hate not be able to see the engine. I was thinking 35% tints which is the MA legal limit. What did others do and can you share pics?

Last edited:
I did the inside back window and nothing on the engine hatch. Same 35% in MD. No issue seeing the engine from inside or looking into cabin from the outside. The black interior really makes it look darker than it is. Do those small windows behind the driver and passenger windows too. They also PPF'd the door sills as a bonus.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hey all, speaking of tints did folks get the the rear glass done or just for the cabin? I’m thinking of getting mine done while the car is getting wrapped but would hate not be able to see the engine. I was thinking 35% tints which is the MA legal limit. What did others do and can you share pics?

I was not planning to tint the rears (both inside and outside) but just do the sides, including the small windows at 35% ceramic. Will it look strange if I didn't tint the back? I wanted to be able see the engine bay clearly and see better at night.

I was not planning to tint the rears (both inside and outside) but just do the sides, including the small windows at 35% ceramic. Will it look strange if I didn't tint the back? I wanted to be able see the engine bay clearly and see better at night.
Think most, including me, did not tint the engine / hatch glass but did tint the inside rear cabin glass. See my pic above with the rear cabin glass tinted - you can hardly tell. Keeping the hatch glass clear looks fine with the other windows tinted. You can always add it later.

Odd couple of days here. Had to say goodbye to our 15 year old dog. She was great, more person than dog. Lots of good memories. Lots of good car related memories with her too. She went to all our track days when we had the 360C.

Easing back into things. It’s been hectic too, the day before I decided to get new tires.

Today was a really quick drive, maybe 5 miles then rain started. I started by going thru a nearby residential area and a guy was on a walk with his two girls. One in a stroller. He stopped and gave a big thumbs up as I eased by on electric power.

JPEG image 3.jpg

Sorry to hear about your Pooch, NbyNW. That's tough - and why no more doggies for me :frown: :mad:

When you finish finger-vacuuming and scrubbing those wheels come on up here 'cause I got a few that need your TLC :smile:

Sorry to hear about your Pooch, NbyNW. That's tough - and why no more doggies for me :frown: :mad:

When you finish finger-vacuuming and scrubbing those wheels come on up here 'cause I got a few that need your TLC :smile:
Thanks… she was an incredible dog. I can understand not getting another. It breaks your heart when you lose one.

As for the wheels. Wow. Gotta love organic solvents. That 3M General Purpose Solvent is fantastic. I’ve used it for years. Now waiting for dry weather to break in the tires.

We recently lost our Great Pyrenees Frankie who just turned 11. I held him in my hands when he was only 2 weeks old,so we had a long running relationship. He was our joy and our lives revolved around him. So I can understand your since of loss.

Attachments

• EB150DDA-37CA-4BD9-96D4-0689FF7CFE2E.jpg
    EB150DDA-37CA-4BD9-96D4-0689FF7CFE2E.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 271
Odd couple of days here. Had to say goodbye to our 15 year old dog. She was great, more person than dog. Lots of good memories. Lots of good car related memories with her too. She went to all our track days when we had the 360C.

Easing back into things. It’s been hectic too, the day before I decided to get new tires.

Today was a really quick drive, maybe 5 miles then rain started. I started by going thru a nearby residential area and a guy was on a walk with his two girls. One in a stroller. He stopped and gave a big thumbs up as I eased by on electric power.

View attachment 169832

Sorry to hear about your pup :(. I know how you feel! We lost our family pup last September after 17 years. His name was Tonny and he was a Parson Russell Terrier that looked like wishbone and was raised hand feed entirely on vegetarian Indian food (home made by my mom). One of the toughest experiences in my life.

1f61b2d7cd434805fcfb1f377f875d7d.jpg

Thoughts and prayers for your pup [emoji1431]!

-Chirag

Last edited:
We recently lost our Great Pyrenees Frankie who just turned 11. I held him in my hands when he was only 2 weeks old,so we had a long running relationship. He was our joy and our lives revolved around him. So I can understand your since of loss.
I’m very sorry to hear about Frankie. Dogs are such incredible friends.
Amazing how quiet the house is as our other dog is sad too.

Bernadette with her favorite red bone.

JPEG image 7.jpg

Sorry to hear about your pup :(. I know how you feel! We lost our family pup last September after 17 years. His name was Tonny and he was a Parson Russell Terrier that looked like wishbone and was raised hand feed entirely on vegetarian Indian food (home made by my mom). One of the toughest experiences in my life.

Thoughts and prayers for your pup [emoji1431]!

-Chirag
Thanks Chirag. 17 is an amazing life! Sounds like he had an incredible cook too.

We never had any children and our first Great Pyrenees Athena literally made us a family. We saw her vulnerability as our responsibility and many of our big decisions, such as which car to get or what home to buy were made with her in mind. So to all those companions out there, your the best.

We never had any children and our first Great Pyrenees Athena literally made us a family. We saw her vulnerability as our responsibility and many of our big decisions, such as which car to get or what home to buy were made with her in mind. So to all those companions out there, your the best.
Very similar here too. And yes, they’re the best.

My turn.

I had mine out today, clear skies and mid 70 degree weather.

After I exited the highway on the way home, I was sitting in traffic in a left turn lane, waiting for the light to change.

A newer Ford van heading in the opposite direction and I saw the driver roll his window down.

I figured it was going to be a saying hello moment.

The driver waved his hand and in a wonderful Eastern European accent (perfect English) he said, "this is why I came to America".

I replied work hard and you'll get there, and he said "of course".

[MENTION=32395]Bricks and Bio[/MENTION] I love that story!!!

Haven't even owned for a full week - and I have some fun ones.

#1 - Getting first tank of gas. Start the X, guy walking nearby jumps a little looks over, and gives me a huge smile and two enthusiastic thumbs up.

#2 - Driving to dinner. Driver pulls to my left (in left hand turn lane), rolls down his window. "What! Is! That!?" "An Acura NSX, I just got it!" "YEAH YEAH!" Thumbs up, drives off.

#3 - Eating outside (first time X is in a parking lot, I need to keep a close eye out). Mom, Dad, Kid walk buy. The kid stops, stares, points, "Woah that's a lambo." Dad, "No, that's an NSX." lol

#4 - After parking, pull in to restaurant. Owner: "What is that!?" (sensing a theme...) "Acura NSX" Owner: "Wow how much does that cost, compared to a Corvette?" Me: "Um....maybe like 2 Corvettes?" Owner: "Wow, wow, never seen one of those." SO awkward but also hilarious.

@Bricks and Bio I love that story!!!

Haven't even owned for a full week - and I have some fun ones.

#1 - Getting first tank of gas. Start the X, guy walking nearby jumps a little looks over, and gives me a huge smile and two enthusiastic thumbs up.

#2 - Driving to dinner. Driver pulls to my left (in left hand turn lane), rolls down his window. "What! Is! That!?" "An Acura NSX, I just got it!" "YEAH YEAH!" Thumbs up, drives off.

#3 - Eating outside (first time X is in a parking lot, I need to keep a close eye out). Mom, Dad, Kid walk buy. The kid stops, stares, points, "Woah that's a lambo." Dad, "No, that's an NSX." lol

#4 - After parking, pull in to restaurant. Owner: "What is that!?" (sensing a theme...) "Acura NSX" Owner: "Wow how much does that cost, compared to a Corvette?" Me: "Um....maybe like 2 Corvettes?" Owner: "Wow, wow, never seen one of those." SO awkward but also hilarious.

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health.

Those how much questions can be uncomfortable.

I only had one of those. Where I work you have a large one percent suburbs crowd and a ton of laborers around supporting the single family hotels.

The gas station seems to sell more beer to the laborers than gas to the Ferrari dealership down the street.

One morning I was filling up and one guy came out of the gas station convenience store after stocking up.

He started in with the how much did it cost thing.

I just said it was a lot and pricing is on line.

My turn.

I had mine out today, clear skies and mid 70 degree weather.

After I exited the highway on the way home, I was sitting in traffic in a left turn lane, waiting for the light to change.

A newer Ford van heading in the opposite direction and I saw the driver roll his window down.

I figured it was going to be a saying hello moment.

The driver waved his hand and in a wonderful Eastern European accent (perfect English) he said, "this is why I came to America".

I replied work hard and you'll get there, and he said "of course".
Fun stuff!

Back