• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reactions

@Bricks and Bio I love that story!!!

Haven't even owned for a full week - and I have some fun ones.

#1 - Getting first tank of gas. Start the X, guy walking nearby jumps a little looks over, and gives me a huge smile and two enthusiastic thumbs up.

#2 - Driving to dinner. Driver pulls to my left (in left hand turn lane), rolls down his window. "What! Is! That!?" "An Acura NSX, I just got it!" "YEAH YEAH!" Thumbs up, drives off.

#3 - Eating outside (first time X is in a parking lot, I need to keep a close eye out). Mom, Dad, Kid walk buy. The kid stops, stares, points, "Woah that's a lambo." Dad, "No, that's an NSX." lol

#4 - After parking, pull in to restaurant. Owner: "What is that!?" (sensing a theme...) "Acura NSX" Owner: "Wow how much does that cost, compared to a Corvette?" Me: "Um....maybe like 2 Corvettes?" Owner: "Wow, wow, never seen one of those." SO awkward but also hilarious.
Get used to it!

I’m on back roads 95% of the time so mostly me (and the wife) and the car. Pure fun.

Too much talk here on what’s next, what’s changing, or what to buy instead.

Damn… get out and drive them!

Fun drive on backroads today. Getting warm here and the tires were sticky! At one four-way stop / intersection an older lady in a Sienna minivan took a long look as she eased thru the intersection then gave us the piece sign. Cool.

Then cruising on another backroad a big group of Harley’s were coming at us… lead rider gave a big thumbs up. Same back at them.

On the way home passed a 50s type pickup truck. Show truck in a teal color. Traded thumbs up.

One of the tighter roads:

A816DF01-C6A6-4B7B-928B-FC4432092633.jpg

Last edited:
Too much talk here on what’s next, what’s changing, or what to buy instead.

Damn… get out and drive them!

Fun drive on backroads today. Getting warm here and the tires were sticky! At one four-way stop / intersection an older lady in a Sienna minivan took a long look as she eased thru the intersection then gave us the piece sign. Cool.

Then cruising on another backroad a big group of Harley’s were coming at us… lead rider gave a big thumbs up. Same back at them.

On the way home passed a 50s type pickup truck. Show truck in a teal color. Traded thumbs up.

One of the tighter roads:

View attachment 170081

Your picture above is what the NSX- of any generation- should be about. Bravo!

[MENTION=34751]NbyNW[/MENTION] I love your photos! Had a fun reaction the other day - scooted over to a little Bayside store to pick up some beer and wine for a 4th of July party, was in the checkout line. Guy walks in, "Woah, who's driving that Acura out there!?" Waved at him. He's been obsessed with them since the 90s and never seen a 2nd gen in person - it was great! Fun when it is a real enthusiast who "gets it." Fun stuff.

@NbyNW I love your photos! Had a fun reaction the other day - scooted over to a little Bayside store to pick up some beer and wine for a 4th of July party, was in the checkout line. Guy walks in, "Woah, who's driving that Acura out there!?" Waved at him. He's been obsessed with them since the 90s and never seen a 2nd gen in person - it was great! Fun when it is a real enthusiast who "gets it." Fun stuff.
That’s awesome. Fun to connect with folks and share experiences! I’ve had a few interactions like that. One was with a family with younger kids and the son really liked it so I got him in the driver’s seat for some pics. The daughter hopped in too. Good fun.

I keep a duffle bag in the trunk for wine or other items I may pick up when out. Keeps stuff from rolling around. I also keep some basic cleaning supplies in it, glass cleaner, few microfiber towels, etc.

Had one of my 1st reactions yesterday after picking up my NSX...

We stopped at a highway rest stop on the way home, and while me and my friend were standing around the car talking/stretching our legs, we hear a horn blaring from and SUV driving down the freeway. We look over and 6 hands were waving out the window at us. All of a sudden we hear the SUV hit the rumble strips and damn near fly off the road because they were fixated on the NSX :eek: :biggrin:

[MENTION=34013]Heavymetals[/MENTION] that kids reaction is great!!! [MENTION=38045]cjeezy[/MENTION] yikes - safety first! Congrats on the pickup! How do you like your new ride??!

Love the reactions I get. I attended a few cars and coffees/car shows in New England now that the paints I’s cured and PPF’d. I always get parked right up front with all the other exotics. What’s crazy is I’ve seen 911 turbos, MB GTS and AM Vantages get pushed to the back. Here are a few of my favorite pics.

Ferrari Dealership Cars and Coffee (5/16)
fd7970799ec591b9b90ff2c74ba2e7b3.jpg

McLaren Dealership Cars and Coffee (6/26)
4df281f2e05683ec18ac2b03ca84458f.jpg

Newport Cars and Coffee (7/11)
6255abcb00357d4b05fb444b1ac77ec1.jpeg

c84e90b784af5ea3035c314dcd504a38.jpg

Always draws a crowd and usually the only NSX at them. Also the random thumbs up while driving, are fun too. Most recently got one from a cop.

Last edited:
I always get parked right up front with all the other exotics. What’s crazy is I’ve seen 911 turbos, MB GTS and AM Vantages get pushed to the back. Here are a few of my favorite pics.

I don't think that's crazy at all. Those other cars are generally less expensive and certainly far less rare than the NSX. And (sorry if my bias is showing) the Porsche and Benz are total yawners from an appearance standpoint.

I don't think that's crazy at all. Those other cars are generally less expensive and certainly far less rare than the NSX. And (sorry if my bias is showing) the Porsche and Benz are total yawners from an appearance standpoint.

Couldn’t agree with you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my 2017 NSX for 6 months now and it definitely generates the most attention of all the cars I have. Reactions can generally be classified as follows:

1) Wow! I've never seen one of these in person before: Comments such as, "I saw this on Jay Leno's Garage and other Youtube videos but never in the flesh. It's such a beautiful car!". Sometimes I will come out from Starbucks, CVS, 711 etc. and people will be taking pics and video of the car with their cell phones and then chat with me about how I like the car. I've only seen one other Gen 2 NSX in LA since I got mine. Lots of Lambos, Ferrari's and McLaren's in LA but the NSX is relatively scarce in comparison. Many have said the car looks even better in person than in the videos and pics they have seen online. I get my car cleaned at the Sherman Oaks Carwash and it has generated lots of conversation with other patrons who ask for my impressions of the car.

2) Mistaken Identity: For example, a cell phone shop owner in Westwood whom I've known for years when I pulled up in front of his store in the NSX - "Nice Lambo Kim. I need to just splurge and get a Lambo like you." Or when I was at Irwindale Speedway doing some 1/8 mile runs my GF was sitting in the stands shooting some video and a group of kids nearby were talking about "Which car would you want to be if you could be any of the cars here?" She said when I pulled up in the NSX to race a Dodge Charger on of the kids said "I wanna be that McLaren there. That's what I wanna be" pointing at the NSX. Lol. I've gotten out of the car and had people say "I really love your Ferrari!"

3) Feedback from car savvy people: "I love my M5 but your NSX is really beautiful". Or once my GF and pulled into a parking lot at a beach restaurant in Malibu and a waiter stopped me and said "You just made my day. I would way rather see one of these cars than any Lambo or Ferrari." Turned out he was originally from the East Coast and had worked for Cars and Concepts in the past and we ended up chatting for a while. One time I came out of my local Starbucks and a guy was oggling the NSX. He asked my how I liked it? His wife was in their BMW X5M and he told me he was looking at a used NSX or perhaps Cayman 718 GT4 and wanted my input. I ended up taking him for a short ride in my NSX and was absolutely blown away. Even commented on loving the exhaust sound (my car is 100 percent stock) and the instant power it had. My daughter has a car channel on Tik Tok and she ended up riding in a Huracan Evo for 2.5 hours with a lady she met on Tik Tok. My daughter said the Lambo had so many squeaks and rattles and was super uncomfortable and had inadequate AC. Additionally, the oil temp sensor kept beeping every few seconds and the lady said she just spent $5K on servicing it and they didn't fix that problem but apparently she has had numerous problems with sensors. Anyway, they went to a dealership to look at a vintage 911 that was on display there and also a used GT3 that was for sale. My daughter suggested she consider an NSX since she complained about how uncomfortable her Huracan was. Her response was that an NSX was not even in the same league as her Lambo. My daughter suggested swinging by my house so she could actually see what one was like in person. I ended up taking her for a ride and then letting her drive the NSX for 15 mins. She was blown away by how much more comfortable the NSX is than her car and how much better the visibility is. She said she's afraid to back up in her Lambo because she can't see well. She also commented on how much quicker the power kicked in on the NSX and how much more stable it felt on the turns. She said she was afraid to step on the gas going around turns in her Lambo because the car feels unstable to her. She later told my daughter "I take back everything bad I ever said about an NSX. It's an amazing car!".

When I was in the staging lanes at Irwindale Speedway a group of intoxicated spectators came up to me and said "Nice car man. That's the Lambo killer right there!" I replied "How do you know?" and the response was "We know man. Youtube. That JM car is bad ass!" lol

I've had my 2021 Lexus 500 Inspiration convertible for almost a year now and it also gets a lot of attention but not quite as much as the NSX.

Last edited:
Great points, Kim. It just reinforces to me one of Acura's colossal blunders in the rollout of the NC1. When people drive it, they love it! But there's no way for people to drive it since they are so precious on dealer lots. If a dealer even has one, they won't allow test drives as those extra tens of miles on the odometer makes the car much less desirable to actual interested buyers.

In hindsight, they should have popped something like a hundred NC1's out of the PMC and sent them around the country purely as demo cars. I can virtually guarantee the NC1 would have sold better and gotten more buzz in the marketplace had they done that.

The only reason I own one now is because I live right near Acura's HQ in Torrance, and my many-year service advisor knew some people on the NSX strategy team. He contacted them and they set my wife and I up with the chance to drive his-and-her NSX's (these were models kept in Torrance simply for this purpose and to take to track events, etc.). I really liked the car but what blew me away was how much my wife LOVED the car. We had a deposit down within a week.

ACURA stopped flooring the NSX because the dealers wanted a "freebie". ACURA knew those freebies were gonna end up in a salesperson driveway and not for the intended purpose.

HONDA just doesn't seem that interested in promoting the car via test drives (for sure!).

Maybe they should work out a deal with a rental company and reimburse if you buy one.

I work right next door to HONDA HQ and I would try to drive mine from work right around 1:00 when they would be returning from lunch (pre-covid).

Big ego boost when I would get a bunch of thumbs up.

I agree DJ . I think one of the problems for Acura is that the NSX is somewhat of an anomaly in their overall product line up. You drop down from an NSX to a mid level SUV in their product range and it's therefore difficult for them to apportion a large marketing budget for the NSX because there isn't all that much trick down or beneficial halo effect for the rest of their line-up. Moreover, Acura itself has a limited global presence as a brand with the US being their main market and the NSX being a Honda NSX in most of the rest of the world. So that makes building up a global marketing synergy more difficult. I actually didn't drive the NSX I bought until I had closed on the deal from out of state and driven from LA to Tucson to drop off my trade in and pick up the car. But I pretty much knew what to expect and had pre decided I wanted the car.

I consider the NSX a relative bargain at used car prices and for new purchases with $20k to $40K incentives on the deal. The technology they have incorporated (especially the 3 electric motors), quality of paint and the fit and finish on the body panels, suspension design etc. and at extremely high levels. The end result is a car that is most definitely a super car and like the Gen 1 NSX can be considered a true daily driver (luggage capacity notwithstanding). I drove it for 8.5 hours from Tucson back to LA and while it wasn't as plush as say my LC500 convertible it was still very comfortable to drive for that length of time. I personally love the exterior styling and the simplicity of the interior. The few things I would improve upon would be the stereo (I have the premium system) which is nowhere near as good as the LC500 Mark Levinson stereo, the heat levels in the trunk and the infotainment system. But these are drawbacks I am happy to live with because the other benefits of owning the car far outweigh those negatives.

Last edited:
I've had my 2017 NSX for 6 months now and it definitely generates the most attention of all the cars I have. Reactions can generally be classified as follows:

1) Wow! I've never seen one of these in person before: Comments such as, "I saw this on Jay Leno's Garage and other Youtube videos but never in the flesh. It's such a beautiful car!". Sometimes I will come out from Starbucks, CVS, 711 etc. and people will be taking pics and video of the car with their cell phones and then chat with me about how I like the car. I've only seen one other Gen 2 NSX in LA since I got mine. Lots of Lambos, Ferrari's and McLaren's in LA but the NSX is relatively scarce in comparison. Many have said the car looks even better in person than in the videos and pics they have seen online. I get my car cleaned at the Sherman Oaks Carwash and it has generated lots of conversation with other patrons who ask for my impressions of the car.

2) Mistaken Identity: For example, a cell phone shop owner in Westwood whom I've known for years when I pulled up in front of his store in the NSX - "Nice Lambo Kim. I need to just splurge and get a Lambo like you." Or when I was at Irwindale Speedway doing some 1/8 mile runs my GF was sitting in the stands shooting some video and a group of kids nearby were talking about "Which car would you want to be if you could be any of the cars here?" She said when I pulled up in the NSX to race a Dodge Charger on of the kids said "I wanna be that McLaren there. That's what I wanna be" pointing at the NSX. Lol. I've gotten out of the car and had people say "I really love your Ferrari!"

3) Feedback from car savvy people: "I love my M5 but your NSX is really beautiful". Or once my GF and pulled into a parking lot at a beach restaurant in Malibu and a waiter stopped me and said "You just made my day. I would way rather see one of these cars than any Lambo or Ferrari." Turned out he was originally from the East Coast and had worked for Cars and Concepts in the past and we ended up chatting for a while. One time I came out of my local Starbucks and a guy was oggling the NSX. He asked my how I liked it? His wife was in their BMW X5M and he told me he was looking at a used NSX or perhaps Cayman 718 GT4 and wanted my input. I ended up taking him for a short ride in my NSX and was absolutely blown away. Even commented on loving the exhaust sound (my car is 100 percent stock) and the instant power it had. My daughter has a car channel on Tik Tok and she ended up riding in a Huracan Evo for 2.5 hours with a lady she met on Tik Tok. My daughter said the Lambo had so many squeaks and rattles and was super uncomfortable and had inadequate AC. Additionally, the oil temp sensor kept beeping every few seconds and the lady said she just spent $5K on servicing it and they didn't fix that problem but apparently she has had numerous problems with sensors. Anyway, they went to a dealership to look at a vintage 911 that was on display there and also a used GT3 that was for sale. My daughter suggested she consider an NSX since she complained about how uncomfortable her Huracan was. Her response was that an NSX was not even in the same league as her Lambo. My daughter suggested swinging by my house so she could actually see what one was like in person. I ended up taking her for a ride and then letting her drive the NSX for 15 mins. She was blown away by how much more comfortable the NSX is than her car and how much better the visibility is. She said she's afraid to back up in her Lambo because she can't see well. She also commented on how much quicker the power kicked in on the NSX and how much more stable it felt on the turns. She said she was afraid to step on the gas going around turns in her Lambo because the car feels unstable to her. She later told my daughter "I take back everything bad I ever said about an NSX. It's an amazing car!".

When I was in the staging lanes at Irwindale Speedway a group of intoxicated spectators came up to me and said "Nice car man. That's the Lambo killer right there!" I replied "How do you know?" and the response was "We know man. Youtube. That JM car is bad ass!" lol

I've had my 2021 Lexus 500 Inspiration convertible for almost a year now and it also gets a lot of attention but not quite as much as the NSX.
Nice writeup. I've done a couple big road trips out west and not a bad comment from anyone. Out in the middle of nowhere when stopped people would come over and look, or maybe a sideways look, and I'd always say hey, how's it going. Even guys on Harley's would come over (most are lawyers or businessmen on vacations). Guess some figure with this type of car you're an asshole, kind of like with some other cars and I even think that's overblown. But once you open up everyone seems to be very friendly. Then they ask what is it? Most expect it to be foreign... I tell them it's made in Ohio and they're floored, then tell them the exterior was designed by a woman in California and that stops them cold. The Ohio part is a great icebreaker.

Over about the past two years I'm about 95% backroads so not much being around people - which is a blast. Mostly Point A to Point A drives with a few errands mixed in. The ones that do see it are fans, or don't know what they just saw but still like it.

Welcome to the site and enjoy it in the best of health.

I finally found someone else with a Gen 2 NSX and an LC 500 Convertible.

The shade of blue used on the Inspiration Series is amazing but that white interior scared me away. I went with a white with a black top and toasted caramel interior.

I just got back to Chicago from Santa Monica tonight, no NSX sightings this time. No LC 500s of any form. A good number of Rolls Royce cars including a Wraith with what appeared to be a sticking brake caliper making a continuous sick sound as it drove.

I did see a nice red Ferrari 488 Pista near the Pier. The most unusual car I saw this trip was one of those Australian GM Utes, in yellow.

Last edited:
Thank you Bricks and Bio! And that's amazing that someone else has both a Gen 2 NSX and LC 500 convertible:) Certainly defies the odds considering both are relatively low volume cars! And your color combo is beautiful! I almost bought the combination you have because those were the 2 options choices I had at the time at the Lexus dealership in BH. Do you prefer one car over the other? I've had my NSX for 6 months and have put over 6K miles on it and had the LC 500 convertible for almost a year and it now has 4.7K miles. Both cars are very dear to my heart and of course are not direct competitors but I do love my NSX a little more. My GF does prefer the LC convertible because it has a better stereo and she loves that open top feeling. I'm a little more of a speed demon but definitely love and appreciate the LC for what it is - incredible fit and finish and the quality is there at the highest levels - well worth the $ IMO. I've only seen one other LC 500 convertible in LA so far (seen a few coupes) and only one other Ten 2 NSX and I do quite a bit of driving in areas with a lot of high end cars.

Last edited:
First time in a really long time we did the local car gathering. The NSX got a lot of attention along with lots of other really nice cars. Couple Lambos, Ferraris, a sea of Porsches, Corvettes, BMWs, and a bunch of C8s. Lots of vintage cars too which are good to see. And one other local NC1 casino white NSX. We didn’t stay long as the crowd grew.

3C4A4652-6074-4D07-B048-7E83E64ECC45.jpg

Thank you Bricks and Bio! And that's amazing that someone else has both a Gen 2 NSX and LC 500 convertible:) Certainly defies the odds considering both are relatively low volume cars! And your color combo is beautiful! I almost bought the combination you have because those were the 2 options choices I had at the time at the Lexus dealership in BH. Do you prefer one car over the other? I've had my NSX for 6 months and have put over 6K miles on it and had the LC 500 convertible for almost a year and it now has 4.7K miles. Both cars are very dear to my heart and of course are not direct competitors but I do love my NSX a little more. My GF does prefer the LC convertible because it has a better stereo and she loves that open top feeling. I'm a little more of a speed demon but definitely love and appreciate the LC for what it is - incredible fit and finish and the quality is there at the highest levels - well worth the $ IMO. I've only seen one other LC 500 convertible in LA so far (seen a few coupes) and only one other Ten 2 NSX and I do quite a bit of driving in areas with a lot of high end cars.

Sorry, I had missed your question within your reply.

I prefer the driving aspects of the NSX to the LC 500 Convertible, sharper steering, more bunch, amazing braking.

The LC provides a different kind of happiness, I hadn't had a convertible for 15 years, since I sold the S2000 so the open air part is a huge plus for that car, and when I am in the mood for just a comfy cruise, it really get the job done and the V8 sound is better than in the NSX.

Back