• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reactions

Bricks and Bio: I completely agree with your driving assessment on the NSX versus the LC 500 convertible. My last convertible was a 1973 Chevy Caprice with a factory 454 that I modified and it ran 11.2 sec @124 mph in the quarter mile with full exhaust.

The sound of that Lexus V8 is awesome! When I give people rides in both the NSX and the LC 500 a common reaction is that the LC does sound better, but I am still happy with the way the NSX sounds. This weekend I recorded the exhaust sound of both cars. We used two I phones to do it - my GF holding my phone to record the video and her phone was used separately to record the exhaust through her earphones to try to eliminate some of the wind noise. As a result the sound is slightly out of sync. But you can make a fair comparison. Both cars have stock factory exhausts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ug8Y8Q913k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXkFCVbY5w

Wow, flowering plants maintained on a bridge, perfect backdrop for your car

I had mine out on Thursday

I keep my toys in a garage near where the Cubs play, and a lot of informal parking entrepreneurs do their thing on game days, one guy yelled, hey Tony Stark as I drove by

I am changing jobs next month and my commute will be done, will have to find some new driving destinations out of the city

the bio I assume not the bricks...:wink:

Bricks and Bio: I completely agree with your driving assessment on the NSX versus the LC 500 convertible. My last convertible was a 1973 Chevy Caprice with a factory 454 that I modified and it ran 11.2 sec @124 mph in the quarter mile with full exhaust.

The sound of that Lexus V8 is awesome! When I give people rides in both the NSX and the LC 500 a common reaction is that the LC does sound better, but I am still happy with the way the NSX sounds. This weekend I recorded the exhaust sound of both cars. We used two I phones to do it - my GF holding my phone to record the video and her phone was used separately to record the exhaust through her earphones to try to eliminate some of the wind noise. As a result the sound is slightly out of sync. But you can make a fair comparison. Both cars have stock factory exhausts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ug8Y8Q913k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXkFCVbY5w

LC Sounds way better....

Bram

There is nothing like the sound of a V8. I do like the sound of our V6 as well, especially after going with SOS downpipes.

This is how parking should be

Have you ever been to an event with this Savage guy who lived in Germantown (who apparently capped himself)?

He was one of the bigger YouTube supercar bloggers.

He had stuff like Aventadors, a Pagani, XYZ other stuff.

Had a big showy scene, lived in the Porsche tower in Miami for a while (looks like he rented that and then his big house in Germantown).

Did a bunch of rallies, had what looked like a lot of teen and twenty somethings as his posse.

Then out of the blue on April 15 dies of what appeared to be a self inflicted gunshot wound to the chest (while in his closet).

Kind of smells of someone who had been pushing the leased lifestyle beyond the max and then when something in his business or somewhere else wasn't working, couldn't face not being the big player anymore.

Got a real nice compliment on the car from a woman at the latest C&C I went to.

Evidently her husband was a TOYOTA employee for a long time.

Her comment, " Now this is a sports car I can appreciate", was preceded by explaining her TOYOTA history.

I let her sit in the car and her husband took a picture.

I told her to let me know the reaction when she gets one and takes her GF to lunch........

Snow storm coming this evening to Chicagoland so today was the get the fun cars out or else be waiting for things to clear up day.

I took the NSX out first as the streets are pretty empty at 7 AM.

On the way home I hear some yelling next to me (my window was open a bit.

I rolled the window all the way down and a middle aged lady in a Buick SUV is yelling that I made her day and that she loves sports cars.

Thumbs up from trades folk and truck operators are common, this was an unusual one, but still a good one.

No comments during my drive of the LC 500 Convertible today.

Back east and first drive after three months. Fired right up and main drive battery showed nearly full charge. First stop was a required emissions check - passed. Then a drive this weekend. It didn’t miss a beat. Fantastic. Passed a guy in an Accord, I think, full arm out the window thumbs up!

Get out and drive!

Decent drive yesterday, more traffic than usual on my usual back roads. Lots of road cyclists and always on the look out for farm stuff - here’s a manure spreader and an old farm truck. One cyclists near home gave a full arm‘s up, thumbs up. Good stuff.

IMG_3796.jpeg

Love your roads
I had mine out today
A guy in a sport bike asked if I was heading to a C and C, and invited me to the one he was heading to (didn't fit my schedule)
It must have been sport bike day as I saw a bunch more and got a lot of thumbs ups.

Back