• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Camber Correction

Primates,

I've lowered my car on coilovers as most owners are wont to do, and now my rear camber is too negative for my liking and tire life. By eyeball I think I'm around -3.5° or less, before lowering I was at about -2.5°. I just bought a DIY alignment kit and will check actual camber once I get it set up.

(EDIT): I was dead nuts on, rear camber is -3.5° and front is -1.5°

My RL camber bolt was already maxed out on the positive end so I think I'm stuck at this stanceboi camber until I use other methods to bring it back.

What are the options out there for camber adjustment? Are non-compliance eccentric bushings pressed into the rear subframe the only option? Do I also have to use non-compliance toe links at the same time? Pros/cons? Brand offerings?

Thanks all in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reference. It looks like that kit is meant to extend the length of the upper control arms to get more positive camber, but the amount isn't adjustable? Are there any kits available or is it like the Hugo window pulley sets where you just have to buy someone's unused set?
Yes, there are kits available. The kit itself is not adjustable, it pushes out the upper arm so you 'OEM adjustable range' is further out.

Nice, good job on remaking and improving the original design. Does it give a static +2° to camber and include the tools for install? Did you look into having adjustable camber like some strut top hats, like with an extended slot on the bushings? I've seen that design on some aftermarket upper arms for Z's and G's.

Just checked my camber and it's -3.5° rear and -1.5° front. I'd like to get the rear to the -1.5 to -2.0° range.

The kit will get you back to OEM specs. It doesn't come with tools to help remove the OEM bushings, but I did make 'tools' to loan. The tools are not worth buying since they only really help to remove the OEM bushings without damage (it cost me almost $200 to make the tools). It is possible to reinstall the OEM bushings without the tools, but you can always 'borrow' them again.

So that's -1.5° +/- 0.5°? I'd definitely want to use specific tools for the install, thin aluminum parts make me nervous. I'll message you if I decide to go with that kit.
Ok, no problem. Let me know if you have any questions.

So who is making theses? Are they on Prime? I don’t Book Face.

Wouldn’t mind getting a lil more mileage out of my rear tires. I got the rear about as close as I can to stock spec. It would be nice if I could get it perfect.

Last edited:
Back