• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Hatch Glass Replacement

Greetings Fellow NSX owners!My 1996 NSX was vandalized at a bar..... the rear hatch glass was broken and essentially destroyed.No Acura dealers carry this glass any longer.Does ANYBODY have any resources to help me find a replacement glass for the rear hatch? I am open to plexiglass, aftermarket glass shops; pretty much any options are open right now.I am in San Antonio, TX.Please text me at 210 379-1709 if you can help me!If there is a solution, I know I am going to find it here!

Greetings Fellow NSX owners!My 1996 NSX was vandalized at a bar..... the rear hatch glass was broken and essentially destroyed.No Acura dealers carry this glass any longer.Does ANYBODY have any resources to help me find a replacement glass for the rear hatch? I am open to plexiglass, aftermarket glass shops; pretty much any options are open right now.I am in San Antonio, TX.Please text me at 210 379-1709 if you can help me!If there is a solution, I know I am going to find it here!

Sorry to hear that- I can't believe people are so stupid. The hatch glass is available from Japan, but shipping is going to be brutal. I would contact Marc at MITA Motorsports and see if he can help.

the glass from Kuya is sold out

Since the front glass went out of production about a year ago (two years?) we had some recent discussions on that and what are good replacements, etc.

I haven't thought of the rear glass until now. Looks like the SOS version is still for sale and likely the best option now.

Looks like the NSX-R hatch is still available. US$1500 73201-SL0-J40

I will presume it doesn't have the defroster lines on it, but that is just a guess. It might also be lighter or a different tint too.

BTW: always look up parts for the oddball or race versions...

does the acrylic polycarbonate fit well? does it look good? looking at the s4performance ones which are pretty good price.
All the hatches I’ve had fit fairly well, original sos and mugen are the best that I’ve experienced, atr makes some that I’ve heard are amazing, I’ve just not tested them since now I run a mugen one

Looks like the NSX-R hatch is still available. US$1500 73201-SL0-J40

I will presume it doesn't have the defroster lines on it, but that is just a guess. It might also be lighter or a different tint too.

BTW: always look up parts for the oddball or race versions...
I don’t think the nsxr will have a scoop on top right? I thought the nsxr gt scoop was stuck into the glass and not functional

Back