• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation for Detailing in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

I have had my NSX since 2005 and have been looking for a great detailer and really have had no luck until now. For those in or close to the DFW Metroplex and looking for a really good detailer I highly recommend Josh Ottmann of Ottmann Detailing. (as always) I went overboard and had him do a show car detail on my NSX this past week and was amazed at the outcome. He was very thorough and took the utmost care of the car.

Here are a few pictures of the results.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC05365.jpg

DSC05394.jpg

DSC05389.jpg

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05491.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

He is definitely a perfectionist and loves what he does. His website also explains his process and he is always willing to give out tips and pointers to prolong the effects of the Detail. His website is www.ottmanndetaiing.com

I love this shot and i'm now using it as my wallpaper ..... since i don't have a good camera i can use this picture to show my friends what my car looks like (I hope you don't mind).:tongue: :biggrin:

DSC05466.jpg

I love this shot and i'm now using it as my wallpaper ..... since i don't have a good camera i can use this picture to show my friends what my car looks like (I hope you don't mind).:tongue: :biggrin:

I don't mind a bit if you use the picture. Let me know if you would like more. :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words. I like your new avatar btw, how do you like mine?.:cool:

I can honestly say after 23+ hours and 4 coats of Zaino the car is better than new. I was extremely satified with the results, even the long unitail light swirls polished out perfectly.

Pics just don't do it justice, I know I have over 270 of them. :wink:

It was a pleasure perfecting such a great car.
Thank you,
Josh

Great Avatar Josh, and thanks again for the great work. Some of the pictures are Crazy! (referring to the pictures that look like you are at your bathroom mirror or look like random pictures of the garage) it took me a while to realize they were reflections in the side of the car. :smile:

Thanks for the kind words. I like your new avatar btw, how do you like mine?.:cool:

I can honestly say after 23+ hours and 4 coats of Zaino the car is better than new. I was extremely satified with the results, even the long unitail light swirls polished out perfectly.

Pics just don't do it justice, I know I have over 270 of them. :wink:

It was a pleasure perfecting such a great car.
Thank you,
Josh

Great Avatar Josh, and thanks again for the great work. Some of the pictures are Crazy! (referring to the pictures that look like you are at your bathroom mirror or look like random pictures of the garage) it took me a while to realize they were reflections in the side of the car. :smile:

Believe it or not I take pics like that for a reason, to show how much or how little orange peel is in the paint. A lot of times the orange peel looks like ripples in the reflections of up close pics so I'll try to find a good straight line in a reflection and shoot it to show the amount of OP. Your car had extremely little to no orange peel, I was very impressed.

Here's a few of what I'm talking about.

Here you can see a very slight ripple in the paint in the roof of the home...
DSC05494.jpg

This is the passenger side of the front hood, it's near perfect.
DSC05198.jpg

Another nearly perfect orange peel free panel, this is the deck lid.
DSC05181.jpg

This is the center of the front hood, it's pretty good as well.
DSC05205.jpg

Some swirls before and after.
before
DSC05145.jpg

after
DSC05156.jpg

A couple glamour shots
DSC05513.jpg

DSC05508.jpg

Looks like someone spilled paint on your hood...
DSC05472.jpg

DSC05460.jpg

Hope you don't mind me posting these pics.:biggrin:

No problem Josh, post what you like. :biggrin:

(just a disclaimer - I thought I was taking care of my car prior to this. :redface: )

No problem Josh, post what you like. :biggrin:

(just a disclaimer - I thought I was taking care of my car prior to this. :redface: )

I'm sure you were doing a fine job. The NSX paint is sooooo soft it is very easy to induce maring and swirls. I'm sure you'll take extra precaution to protect your finish. I'm not worried. We'll see how things look in about 6 months. I'll put it back under the lights and see what happens. Hopefully the differnent washing technique and extra precautions will pay off.

Josh

Josh quick question..

Without revealing what you charged for this job, what price range should I expect to pay for the job/service you did on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

Josh quick question..

Without revealing what you charged for this job, what price range should I expect to pay for the job/service you did on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

That's a really tough question. I think the hardest part would be finding a detailer who can perform on that level to begin with, not taking short cuts or using any polishes with fillers and such.... I know of only a couple in the So Cal area if you need a reference...

A detail like that will take anywhere from 20-30 hours but every aspect of the car will be restored to better then new condition.

Each detailer charges differently, some may charge $40 per hour, some $95???

Just make sure you do your homework on the detailer even if he seems qualified and has plenty of referals.

Josh

extra, extra read all about it...

AUTOWEEK's February 23, 2009 print issue had an article titled "PROFESSIONAL TLC: These Guys Turn Cars into Stars" (pages 32-33). JoshVette (Joshua Ottmann of OTTMANN DETAILING) was included in the writeup! And not only that, but the picture of him in action featured a Berlina-black NSX... :D

Last edited:
congratulations Josh on the national exposure!

Thanks, I do believe that is your ride btw....

I sent them roughly 50 pics, some of me polishing a 599, Carrera GT, NSX, 997TT, and a few classic muscle cars and they choose the HotWls 05 NSX.

Hope you didn't mind.:redface:

Thanks,
Josh

Josh,
I don't mind at all, It was an outstanding job and fell free to use the pictures how ever you wish.

Soon we will have to schedule you to do a refresher detail. Luckily it wont have to be as involved as the last one. When we get an opening in our schedule I will get in touch.

Thanks again for a great job.

Josh,
I don't mind at all, It was an outstanding job and fell free to use the pictures how ever you wish.

Soon we will have to schedule you to do a refresher detail. Luckily it wont have to be as involved as the last one. When we get an opening in our schedule I will get in touch.

Thanks again for a great job.

Sounds like a plan, give me a good week or two notice, I'm starting to get very busy and Houston clients are keeping me busier then usual lately as well.

See you soon,
Josh

To revive an old thread, I am looking for a detailer in the DFW area. Preferably one in Arlington/Mansfield. I tried to emial Josh and it seems the email is no longer valid.

Back