• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommended Aftermarket Alarm!!?

Hey guys..

They factory alarm and keyless system works, but I would like something with a few more bells and whistles..

Lets see...

Any kind of immobilizer would be nice..
adjustable proximity
2-way paging would be cool..
Visual and or audible feedback of locking/unlocking would be nice.

It seems like the most popular brand out there is Viper, but Clifford seems to have a better reputation.. What do you guys have, and what do you recommend??

-Jer

to tell you the truth....if they really want your car, they'll find a way to get it...in the mean time, I think any DEI products will do(even the cheaper version Avital/Python/etc)...

jdc1687 said:
Hey guys..

They factory alarm and keyless system works, but I would like something with a few more bells and whistles..

Lets see...

Any kind of immobilizer would be nice..
adjustable proximity
2-way paging would be cool..
Visual and or audible feedback of locking/unlocking would be nice.

It seems like the most popular brand out there is Viper, but Clifford seems to have a better reputation.. What do you guys have, and what do you recommend??

-Jer

Viper is the way to go and by the way I think that clifford is made at the same factory. Two way paging is great but if they want your car it may be too late by the time you get there. I have a two year old viper that was installed without drilling a single visible hole in the car. Even the LED is wedged in between two dash panels so we did not mar the interior. The prox alarm is great, sensitivity can be adjusted or turned off. I bought it to scare the sh#% out of local kids that want to put thier greasy mits on my ride.

I also picked up an extra two way key fob since I heard that they are prone to failure over time. I bought it on ebay for $40 instead of paying the local price of $95. The alarm beeps when activated and lights flash as well. It also lets you know by the number of blinks and a visual display on the fob where or if someone tried to get into your car. Be warned that the prox sensor can be triggered by leaves falling into your car if the roof is open and that can get annoying on a fall day :tongue: Now for the best part, since the trunk release is electric you can set the system to pop your trunk remotely :biggrin: Just a fun add on but worth the effort instead of searching for the trunk lock in the dark and scratching the surrounding area.

The biggest pain is which alarm to choose. I went with the latest at the time and :biggrin: have not been dissapointed in the performance or features.

Have fun :biggrin:

Have been in the security business twenty two years. DEI and Compustar both make great alarm systems. The key to making the decision is to find the most knowledgeable installer. The security comes from hiding the system and wiring properly. Reliability also comes from a good installation. I recommend soldering wire connections. Typically, when problems arise, it is usually due to poor connections or the installer having connected to the incorrect wires. The key is to find someone that has the experience and the dedication to perform a quality installation.

I can offer wiring color code, location of wire assistance, and fantastic pricing assistance. Feel free to call.

Buzz-Off Alarm Systems
Tampa, FL
www.buzz-off.com
813-882-8477

DEI owns both Viper and Clifford. Clifford is known for having the most full featured alarms. They've incorporated some pretty cool ideas into their alarms and some have been problem causing duds. DEI bought up Clifford a few years ago. Viper and Python are the same alarms, just different brands for different dealers. Neither of these are sold with self installation and the warranty is void if purchased over the internet or without install. Dealers typically lose their authorization for transshipping and selling over the internet.

You might want to check out Scytek alarms also. They have a really cool two way with a color LCD display. You can find these on eBay as Asianwolf alarms as they get rebranded.

Checkout Crimestopper alarms as well. I use one in my car and it's actually a rebranded Scytek.

While we are here and Andy has again thrown yet another sales pitch out, I'd advise you to steer way clear of doing business with him. He's a bad businessman, a liar, and a crook. If you don't believe me, do a search on his posts and read this thread. Don't get ripped off like I did.

Mr Malibu Rapper has nothing better to do than disparage, complain and back stab while I constantly help NSX prime members with advice, suggestions and great deals on electronics. Within minutes of me providing educated suggestions on topics where I am known for being an expert in the field, with twenty two years of experience, Malibu Rapper chooses to hyjack the thread with comments that are blatently malicious and libelous.

Today, I recieved two orders for my $50 NSX keyless entry system special. Both orders were shipped same day with tracking number. My ebay powerseller feedback score is almost 100% with over 800 satisfied customers. I did have one dissatisfied customer that my shipping department transposed the zip code yet package still arrived on time. I had another that left neg feedback because we shipped him a cordless radar detector and did not provide the cord. The cord is optional on cordless radar detectors.

My company works on an average of forty cars a day and my home theater division employs a team of creative and knowledgable integrators that perform high end installations in some of the most elaborate homes in Florida. I have over twenty long-term dedicated and knowledgable employees and run a clean operation with a great reputation and over 50,000 satisfied customers.

On NSX prime, I have sold our custom NSX subwoofer enclosures and had trim ring problems on a batch and offered to repair at no charge. Mr Rapper will probably complain about his enclosure that was not made in our standard mold to accomodate his request until the day he dies. That does not change the fact that I know electronics and can make educated suggestions to help prime members get fantastic deals and advice on any electronic needs.

Regarding two-way security systems, everyone has the right to an opinion. Directed products are the best you can buy and second to none. Be very careful of "internet" brands. There are many models that reputable retailers avoid due to high defect return rate. I can help any nsxprime member make an educated choice so long as my posts dont get clouded with misinformation from the peanut gallery.

Andy Buzz
Buzz-Off Alarm Systems
813-882-8477

Andy you are such a crook and liar that you tricked yourself into thinking that you "Constantly help" NSXPrime members. You lied to yourself -- stop fooling yourself. Every post you make is a sales pitch, you cannot deny that. If someone asks for help, you offer to sell them something even if they didn't want to buy anything in the first place. You are capitalizing on people asking for help. You are respected by no one and none of your 50,000 customers can defend your crooked business practices.

You keep saying you offered the fix the box for free. Re-read that Buzz sub box thread and read that long thread of e-mails I posted. Tell me when you offered to fix the box for free, read it just for fun because you did offer to fix it at one point but I want you to read your own lies. The problem is, you're probably so red faced and embarassed at your own actions and words that you can't stand to read it.

The fact is, you sold me a product that you lied about completely. The last thing I want is to have another Prime member swindled into doing business with you and your 22 years of experience and your 50,000 satisfied customers broken record line. Everytime you try to sell something, I'm gonna follow up and call you out. I'm going to write a PERL script that will search for every now post you make and send me a page on my 2 way and an SMS message on my cell phone. Then I'm gonna read that post and if you try to sell something, I'm gonna call you out so that no one else gets ripped off. So why Mr. 50,000 satisfied customers did you lie to me about my subwoofer box when you never measured the volume and another customer had informed you of your dishonest ways? You even insisted at the end that it was .6 cubic feet. Answer just this one question if you are truly the honest and helpful businessman that you claim to be. Just answer this one question PLEASE!

I remember the fact that I wasted a lot of time answering your 17 emails. Each email got answered professionally regardless of your flaming insults. You choose to post your inaccurate version because you have a sick perversion and derive pleasure from bickering. Now go away and stick your head in the toilet where it belongs and let those that might benefit read without hearing your bashes. You have a serious personality disorder that needs medical attention. Not sure if there is technology that can help you but I can help nsx owners with tried and tested solutions to sound and security and have everything necessary in stock ready to assist.

Andy Buzz

Is it possible to install an immobilizer in a 91?

Absolutely!! Call me in the am and I will gladly make many educated suggestions and offer you the perfect solution.

You may reach me at 813-882-8477 anytime tommorow between 9 am and 5 pm EST.

Andy, you kill me. So now you are accusing me of editing the e-mails you sent me? What a crook! I can PROVE that these are unedited e-mails and PROVE that they came from you. I know you'll still deny it. I know you'll still refused to answer questions regarding your honesty. And true to the very end, you tossed in yet ANOTHER sales line eh???

Let this be a lesson for anyone that does business with him. You tarnished your own reputation. I'll gladly go away when you post something useful instead of selling someone something. Whenever you try to sell something, remember what I said. :) I've never seen you post anything of value, only offering to sell things. You're like that psychic Miss Cleo: "Call me now."

Mr Malibu Rapper,

It is time you stop referring to me with disrespect and stop spamming nonsense simply because you have nothing better to do then to rap nonsense all night. I am not a crook and dont need to justify anything to you as I have proven myself long ago where it counts. You are not in any position to judge what is useful to others.

You are a waste of bandwidth and obviously have no life. The purpose of this forum is to assist NSX owners with vehicle related needs. You need a shrink.

Should you choose to reply, the only assistance that I could offer you would be the address to your local ward. Based on the fact that this thread is about vehicle security, you are off topic. Please dont reply as I am not in a capacity to assist those as disturbed as yourself.

NOW GET OUT!!!! GO AWAY SICKO!!!

Ko-nsx said:
NOW BOYZ!!!!! :biggrin:

Yah.. I just want my car to go "beep beep" when I lock it......... :confused:

this is much better than the idiot that was trying to talk smack about the Ridgeline..
attachment.php

jdc1687 said:
Yah.. I just want my car to go "beep beep" when I lock it......... :confused:

Sorry, I get annoyed when crooked vendors SPAM the forums relentlessly.

"Beep beep" or "chirp chirp?" :) The thing to consider with the DEI is the huge remote size, it's about the size of a pager and some cell phones. Compustar , Autopage , and Crimestopper have smaller remotes. Really, the effectiveness and reliability of your alarm will depend on the quality of the installation. I have the Crimestopper 2013FM 2 way with the little remote, installed it myself, and it's worked flawlessly. I plan on moving this alarm to my Scion and then getting the updated Scytek 2 way with the color LCD display. It uses the same wiring harness as the Crimestopper unit so it will just be plug and play. Click here for a video of the remote in action.

8000RSRemote.jpg

Is this same video Malibu? http://www.fiss.net/product/pg8000.asp
The one you linked was very slow connection and could not get it to load.

I'm wondering - would you need to replace the whole control module or maybe just the remote & the remote receiver/transmitter? Thinking about it the signals in & out don't really change - it's just how the remote processes them I would think to display differently?

Of course I could be totally wrong!!

Hmm, that's a different movie, haven't see that one yet. The one in the link is an actual video of the remote in action. Looks to be basically the same alarm so you can probably get away with just reprogramming remotes w/o swapping brains but they claim at some point the alarm can send photos to the remote and I don't know if mine can transmit that kind of data (not that I would use it). I don't know if they are going to follow through with that feature either.

Back