• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recycling my NSX rear tires

Thredsurection Alert!

Here is the 2012 version of my NSX Tire Gardens! :D

I have more tires now, 14, all the rear tires that have been on my NSX in the last 7 years. I gave up on the base with rollers last year, they were under-engineered for what I needed and didn't wear well.

This year, the tires are all on prepared ground with my own special blend of garden soil and ... stuff. I've got 6 peppers, 6 tomatoes, and 2 empty tires to be filled later. Here they are!

DSC_9558.jpg

DSC_9562.jpg

DSC_9565.jpg

I'll have 2 more tires in a few months, but not in time for this year.

UPDATE!

I have come to the conclusion that old NSX tires are inefficient for growing peppers and tomatoes so I have recently reconfigured my entire garden plans. I built a proper raised bed for the vegetables but that left me with the question of what to do with 16 rear tires from my NSX. After much thought, I did the only logical thing.

Presenting, the one and only NSX rear tire Pineapple Plantation! :D
DSC_1394.jpg

I've been growing pineapples in other spots and in containers for years, and what we harvest is sweeter than anything you could dream of buying in a market. With this consolidation, I hoping we'll be picking a couple dozen a year within a 2 or 3 years. This should put the tires to rest once and for all. I was growing weary of emptying, moving, and refilling them. I've got room on the stack for 4 more. When I get to 20, I'll stop. :)

That picture above is from last September Here's what it looks like today.

DSC_4523.jpg

I have 2 more tires joining the plantation soon. :)

Back