• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red / Red?

I thought about buying that car, but couldn't get the timing right with an inspection. There is a questionable history with that vehicle that made me want to go in with a more experienced set of eyes than my own. The fact that it sold and is back on the market so fast makes me even more skeptical. Of course, the NEW owner wants $10k more than the previous owner ~ who knows.

That baby sure has been around though.

Hmm.. thats good to know.. I dont know.. I was looking at a few other Red/Red and they looked better.. maybe its just the lighting on this photo...too bright.

Not a fan.. interesting though.. especially since Yellow/Yellow, Imola/Imola, and even Blue/Blue work so well...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...5000&minPrice=20000&listingId=319306825&Log=0

I only like the Imola/Imola of the above, the yellow/yellow and blue/blue are just too much for me. I think the red interior looks good on the yellow, black, white and even silver, however I am partial to the NSX-R look over the standard look when it comes to red interiors.

Most of the flaws pointed out by Rob seem to be only superficial.

Def digging red/red

I only like the Imola/Imola of the above, the yellow/yellow and blue/blue are just too much for me. I think the red interior looks good on the yellow, black, white and even silver, however I am partial to the NSX-R look over the standard look when it comes to red interiors.

I agree with you on all of the combinations you listed except for the yellow on red(even NSX-R look). :eek: I'm sorry, but only Rodald McDonald could pull off driving around in that thing.

I agree with you on all of the combinations you listed except for the yellow on red(even NSX-R look). :eek: I'm sorry, but only Rodald McDonald could pull off driving around in that thing.

You know if I hadn't of seen a picture of it, I would of thought the same thing. I thought it looked pretty good. I'll have to see if I can find it on prime somewhere.

Would you like fries with that! :biggrin:

Hmm..I think red with yellow interior would be more offensive than the other way around. I once had a Tomica Yellow NSXR with red interior.

There is no way I would have pulled the trigger on the car without seeing it in person, it is a LOT of red and I would want to be sure I was cool with that.

I do like red though, here's a room at the Madonna inn that I enjoyed staying in ;)

195.jpg

Below are my observations from when I drove out and looked ar it in November 2010. It was not a nice car for 14k miles!

Driver's seat had considerable wear and would require repair and/or re-coloring.

Passenger's seat had moderate wear. Both had deep dirt in them.

The carpet was dirty and looked worn on the driver's side.

Driver's door pad along entryway had a small tear in it exposing the yellow foam.

2" scratch on targa top that was down to the metal.

1/4 chip on passenger door that was down to the metal.

No power steering.

CD Holder was disassembled in trunk.

Many paint chips in mirrors very poorly touched up.

This was when I stopped looking for anything else!

Overall, the car just did not look like it only had 12k miles on it. I have seen many cars in my life with 12k miles on them and they did not look as poorly taken care of as this one. Heck, the rental car I drove had 28k miles on it and was clean compared to this NSX.

I was very disappointed as I drove from Phoenix to El Paso to look at it.

Back