• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Refreshed Exterior - Replica RM Front Lip and Stacy's Side Skirts

One thing I've always loved about NSX Prime is willingness for members to share pictures of their upgraded parts. Especially with exterior "look pretty" parts, it makes it much easier to pick out what parts suit your personal tastes. I especially like the fact that you can see nearly every combination of aftermarket parts to see which ones look good, and which ones don't, before dropping your hard earned money. (I really love the Vinny's/Marga Hill side skirt, Wings West front and rear combo)

Well to give back to my community I hope to show some pictures of my newly updated NSX with a combination that (hopefully) hasn't been covered yet. Best of all, all the parts were bought of off NSX Prime members and the total cost of the parts was less than $1K! :smile:

The first picture is of Stacy's Side Skirts. If you haven't heard me rave about how incredibly awesome these skirts are, you can see my comments here and again here.

12272side_skirts_photoshoot_0131-med.jpg

Here is another shot from the rear angle. This was before I attached the door sils that actually go on the door itself and evens out the skirts. Note the big gap between the door and the side skirt.

12272side_skirts_photoshoot_015-med.jpg

Next I added an RM front lip/spoiler as sold by Brad (bclark) here.

12272rm_spoiler_2_005-med.jpg

Note the door sill is still not in place.

12272rm_spoiler_003-med.jpg

Finally, over the July 4th holiday weekend, I finally had the chance to add the door sill and finish the look. Notice how nicely the door sills fill in the gap between the door and skirt. :smile: Alas, my completed NSX (for now, Type R hood in the works). Oh, and I'm guessing some of you out there will chime in with some "lower that thing!" comments. :biggrin: Actually it is lowered, about .5", although it's hard to tell. I currently have Type-S suspension installed right now. Unfortunately, as you can see by my driveway in the background, that's about as low as I can go before I need to start replacing front lips on a daily basis. :biggrin:

12272rm_spoiler_2_001-med.jpg

12272rm_spoiler_2_002-med.jpg

12272rm_spoiler_2_003-med.jpg

12272rm_spoiler_2_004-med.jpg

Sorry my car is so filthy, I was too lazy and impatient to clean up before snapping the pics.

If anyone is interested, I can do a write up on my installation process for Stacy's Side Skirts. I couldn't find anyone to install them so I ended up doing them myself. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a breeze, but it really wasn't that hard to install. I guess I could do a write up on the front lip too, but that was simple. Just a matter of unbolting the old lip and bolting on the new one; not much to write up.

Special thanks to Stacy and Brad for thier killer products.

I want your NSX!! :smile: Looks fantastic! With an NSX-R hood, a bit lower stance, and you would have my ultimate dream machine. BTW, What flavor of wheels are those?(they closely resemble the konig villains I have on my Mitsubishit:)) I have always favored the five spoke design. I think it looks great to be able to show off the calipers and rotors, looks so damn sporty.

Last edited:
the RM front lip is gross. just my opinion and please dont roast me :biggrin: Id opt for the SOS carbon fibre one. Looks very hot and looks very expensive :smile:

QUOTE=BRIDGEWATER ACURA]the RM front lip is gross. just my opinion and please dont roast me :biggrin: Id opt for the SOS carbon fibre one. Looks very hot and looks very expensive :smile:[/QUOTE]

It looks bad ass when I am in your mirror ready to pass! :biggrin: Seriously the RM lip is a great track item (I have one...well till I bust this one) and looks better with a wide low offset front wheel.[

Thanks for all the compliments (and opinions)! :biggrin:
Zero-Cool said:
Nice!......something need to be done on the rear.
Thanks! Your car looks pretty darn nice too. Say... your side skirts look awfully familiar.... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hapa88 said:
Yes, rear spats please!
Yeah, it is a bit lacking in the rear, but I couldn't find one that was either good looking or easily obtainable/installable. Which ones would guys recommend would look good with the combo I got now?
kcalvano said:
I want your NSX!! Looks fantastic! With an NSX-R hood, a bit lower stance, and you would have my ultimate dream machine. BTW, What flavor of wheels are those?(they closely resemble the konig villains I have on my Mitsubishit) I have always favored the five spoke design. I think it looks great to be able to show off the calipers and rotors, looks so damn sporty.
Thanks! :smile: The wheels are SSR Integral A2 Wheels (17" front, 18" rear) on Dunlop SP Sport9000 Tires (215/40ZR-17 front, 265/35ZR-18 rear). Look nearly identical to the Villains don't they! They aren't as flashy as some other wheels out there, but they look good in a minimalistic sort of way. And they are really light!
kkt said:
Good job! I also like your garage.
Thanks! I didn't even realize it was in the background. Here are some better close up shots of it.

12272garage_2_002-med.jpg

12272garage_2_004-med.jpg

12272Garage_009-med.jpg

It is really inexpensive DIY (just takes a lot of time). All I bought was:
2 cans of Rustoleum Garage Epoxy (Lowes $100)
3 cans of Paint (Red, Black, Grey) (Lowes $20)
2 NSX Prints (Ebay $30)
2 Poster Frames (Walmart $10)
2 Tall Plastic Storage Cabinets (Lowes $90)
2 Wall Plastic Mount Cabinets (Lowes $55)
1 Piece of MDF Wood for Wall Mounted Logo (Free, left over from a previous project)

Total: $305 and two whole days of labor

Awesome sideskirt.

I"m with Bridgewater about the RM front lip. The bottom end that comes outward doesn't look right from the front view. .. The SOS one is the beautiful piece.

It looks like you should be able to make it through your driveway if you lower it some more by driving in at an angle.

Nice pics Bryan,why don't you come for a drive to Vancouver soon!!!
Sorry I haven't posted something sooner,I just have been busy designing and building my Stereo for the car.
Stacy

hey I'm new to the NSX scene.. I'm here in Vegas to... give me a PM to meet up or call me at 505-1430, I'm Peter by the way! I live around forte apache and tropicana. How about you. Black NSX as well.

Which ones would guys recommend would look good with the combo I got now?

Two Words: 02+ Valance.

Friendly advise Do NOT, I REPEAT, Do not get the Wings west rear sprats. It doesn't fit good, it stores water, tire debris, rocks and sands; when the mounting fail, be ready to repaint your fender and getting a new liner.

NSXDreamer2 said:
Two Words: 02+ Valance.

Friendly advise Do NOT, I REPEAT, Do not get the Wings west rear sprats. It doesn't fit good, it stores water, tire debris, rocks and sands; when the mounting fail, be ready to repaint your fender and getting a new liner.

Hmm.. He will have to replace the exhaust tips if going with the 02+ valence though ;)

WHOA lol dude your car looks alot like mine =)
once again like you stated originally, a perfect way to see how cool parts look before you get them =)

i have your rims and want to get stacey's signature series skirts.... (i also have a Lo Mein Dreamsports CF wing though)
hm... that looks pretty good in black and especially good after you added the door panel =)

Those side skirts are the "Original Design" not the "Signature Series".
I am able to produce the Original ones still but seem to sell more of the Signature ones.
Once again Bryan that car does look good.
Stacy

understood, prolly the driveway/speedbump factor for signature series doing so good =)

Vega$ NSX said:
Finally, over the July 4th holiday weekend, I finally had the chance to add the door sill and finish the look. Notice how nicely the door sills fill in the gap between the door and skirt. :smile: Alas, my completed NSX (for now, Type R hood in the works). Oh, and I'm guessing some of you out there will chime in with some "lower that thing!" comments. :biggrin: Actually it is lowered, about .5", although it's hard to tell. I currently have Type-S suspension installed right now. Unfortunately, as you can see by my driveway in the background, that's about as low as I can go before I need to start replacing front lips on a daily basis. :biggrin:

12272rm_spoiler_2_001-med.jpg

Do you have any problems getting into your garage w/ your current set-up? I'm trying to figure out if I'll have any problems w/ my driveway. I think mine is a lot less steep than yours, so if you can get in okay, then I should be fine. Here's a link to the thread where I posted a pic of my driveway, I would appreciate any thoughts.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60037

I cringe everytime I see that RM style front lip. My wife cracked 2 in a 1 month span on our 1st NSX (91 Black). I went Wings West from then on, was the best move I ever did on that car.

GHOSTRIDER said:
I cringe everytime I see that RM style front lip. My wife cracked 2 in a 1 month span on our 1st NSX (91 Black). I went Wings West from then on, was the best move I ever did on that car.

I personally love the aggressive look of the RM lip but then again that is because I have one on my NSX :biggrin:

I have scraped the bottom often but it has not cracked (yet) and still looks as good as the day I bolted it on :cool: I figure if I keep scraping the bottom of the spoiler it will still serve it's purpose for additional downforce while adding value as a squirrel decapitator :eek:
Vega$ your car set up makes it one sweet ride. Great mods ! I would definitely like to see instructions on the side skirts since I am contemplating getting them for my ride :smile: Thanks for posting the results of your efforts.

Climberao said:
I would definitely like to see instructions on the side skirts since I am contemplating getting them for my ride :smile: Thanks for posting the results of your efforts.

If I may,the Signature series Sideskirts will be a whole lot easier to install very soon.We are working on it right now!
I will post the out come here,

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54569

Thanks for all those interested and hope to hear from you soon Climberao!!
Stacy

Back