• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Refreshed NSX?

Found this in another forum via Instagram post...

197886704_10159485963386719_8460477940034626634_n.jpg

Aside from the obvious rear bumper / diffuser changes, wheels and door handles are different. Would be interesting to see the front and whether there are any changes to the interior...

That rear seems like a waste of effort . I have never thought that the rear end needed to be changed. Perhaps the front would benefit from a modernization, but the rear? I think this is someone’s photoshop.

Agree, the rear looks fine. And to me the front is ok, even with the silver beak on black. It adds a nice accent detail - it should have been an option for body color, silver, or carbon. Slight front tweak would be ok.

That rear seems like a waste of effort . I have never thought that the rear end needed to be changed. Perhaps the front would benefit from a modernization, but the rear? I think this is someone’s photoshop.

Agree- I think the front is in need of a refresh more than anything. I still hope for something like the HSV-010 front end. It looks wicked, mean and fast- like it means business. These headlights are actually closer to the current Acura band design than the ones on the NC1...

ACtC-3fiP8ZYSoPd_2s2iXLBEHUA6uB-Yk6Qece3Djtb8RqGcxJYtEHxxF4q0gguxpEHBS221-Tp2ix2HaXFiVbm6YiTZENe_0Pvw_mSATN7ZXdkcA5Blg6ER2BAXvNQ8NBM2_xUsX8jhhdHyn8Gzgd8kPwB=w1024-h682-no

Acura got pinched between a corporate facelift which the delays in the NC1 development only aggravated. The "beak" went out of favor in 2015 when they released the concept for the TLX new diamond grill "superman" design. When the NSX was released it was almost immediately outdated when compared to the rest of their lineup.

It's time both the front and back change. Even the heavily angular sharp edged design language is no longer in favor when looking at the TLX. If you compare the their current lineup and not consider the NSX to be the most outdated in the lineup, I think you're lying to yourself :D

To add: it's still the sexiest in their lineup!

7l1leGf-kHIflgOXBPZlu4gi-j_gp-BXHwvfJyCiLh9TSfUziIyr89YOLFAbbX2DpjG2zseZXhMQzLyf7dlkFvEbewPlDbTa0OPDJDPQGFT0B2PLw8wodpprqm3LrZOEfw_l_AeY_8lAYJMpvzMGuq6I7q3CLy4BuuXv8TtoFm7v8qJHm7yVLUTYgb1R6tKAvWSsRcdlMz9uQ2YsVxVisDW9yp2QzRuXvJGY5dS3dEAw0XwPYuATOtgb2vDkSvsFImMeTze8I6j5juRl2aZRdrIM8ptPFMCLzZxhrfRjr37xVfUN5jq-DIez9zs4pfAtACYMaFoMVXG3W4tDjihQKfd0CXdRLPRUkbFk-L8suza0mMU1mnuLYIJKc0A6vCotttBcf14AZG6LFvXvXosb5FosSgu1bzHUWk8soXuJxZmHXZkDgCcmdZhvkvsJX37V16rEW0t4CJuhyS3rwXxlM0dFfUAvLKapSRMq2uKjkKO_tzF1_maZFPNYXiUuYmLBOZrqypyMfRVMZklY6t5Epm8CK1kTVUvfTBYdYpCI2ybnh7aavq_yaBtBOlQPN_tJ1e00daoMfVPEyrfukzNU65cqs2XoH64ywsPu2b1-HjVM8qqTzPmUy7sgmwQl3oIL77Ts1FxlY5tjAI3SCnkM0TFi7b2ePCuJUGd7yMeD46RtOhOeD4bogrvMzIjsMKj1S6GfcLSfP5TqbeQPmLeQui5I=w802-h423-no

Last edited:
I saw this when it first came out. The problem is we keep getting pics from same angle. You figure the person who took this picture would take one in the front and the interior, even if it was covered up

Looks like the white vehicle in front is the back of the new MDX type s. That being said, Acura must be reviving the old part bin for the new rear end.

MDX-Type-S-in-Tiger-Eye-Pearl-m.jpg

overlay over current car

nsx overlay.jpg
overlayed my car over this pic. The new diffuser might fit without a new bumper.

the wheels look nice.

this sighting fits Honda/Acura's timeline of test vehicles then 2 months later, reveal.

I gathered the type R variant or the refresh got put on pause at one point as they regrouped to finalize direction for next generation, refresh, and a performance variant. With sales volume so low and sales being much lower than expected in Japan, they took some time to figure out next steps.

So what we are seeing is either a refresh of the regular NSX or a performance variant. There were discussions of an all electric NSX for next gen but things have gone quiet regarding Gen 3. I surmise business case for gen 3 is pretty weak if we can't get sales up and business case in place for Gen2.

Japan market response is this is an American Japanese sports car and not all were pleased hence they brought back development to Japan. I'm glad this car is still alive and looking forward to the changes to up sales. This is good for everyone including existing owners as it will ensure service parts will continue to exist, perhaps longer than what they committed to and the techs will still be around and trained to service this complex machine.

Inventory on 2021 across country is very low as well as in other countries. The stage is set for the unveil of the refresh NSX for this fall.. Expect some interior improvements, powertrain changes, and hopefully a better solution than the Acura TouchPad. Next generation Lexus is going away from TouchPad, revamping the entire screen interface. I still don't like it because there are less hard switch gear. The layout on the current Accord is so well done and while the NSX is a supercar, there is nothing wrong with adapting one of the best climate control and infotainment interface and layout. If Honda wants to make it even better, they need to use the accord as the baseline, not the needlessly complex unit on all the current Acuras.

I'm guessing refresh. Its due. I think Type-S is still a few years away.

I dont think it'll get the touchpad. Lack of real estate and this is a global car. Touchpad is strictly an Acura thing.

I recall how the original NSX changed over the years. From 91, the only change I recall was the 93 with both passenger and driver airbags, 95 got the Targa top and newer wheels?, 97 was the biggest change where we got the 6 speed trans replacing the 5 speed, the bigger brakes, the the increased displacement of the engine improving torque and horsepower, the changes in emissions to support same, I think the 2001 got a better ABS (not sure when it came into being) then 2002 dropped the popup headlights and changed the front and rear facia and added the facia on the doors, changed the hood, changed the interior to add gray stitching on the seats and dash and doors and steering wheel. The infotainment system never really changed. When you look back you can see that not a lot of changes occurred compared to the years of production.

I recall how the original NSX changed over the years. From 91, the only change I recall was the 93 with both passenger and driver airbags, 95 got the Targa top and newer wheels?, 97 was the biggest change where we got the 6 speed trans replacing the 5 speed, the bigger brakes, the the increased displacement of the engine improving torque and horsepower, the changes in emissions to support same, I think the 2001 got a better ABS (not sure when it came into being) then 2002 dropped the popup headlights and changed the front and rear facia and added the facia on the doors, changed the hood, changed the interior to add gray stitching on the seats and dash and doors and steering wheel. The infotainment system never really changed. When you look back you can see that not a lot of changes occurred compared to the years of production.

Yep, there were many incremental changes, but only one powertrain (3.2/6MT) and one exterior (2002) major change. The biggest reason for this is that Honda drastically cut the NSX budget after about 1995, so the product team had to find ways to update that were not expensive to implement on the production line. It's sad because we never got to see the 3.5 twin-turbo NA3 that was very nearly finished for the 2006/7 model year. It seems Honda is going in the same direction with the NC1, though I understand corporate is still debating vision and budget for the NSX brand as a whole. This evidence of a refreshed 2022 gives me hope that they may have decided to keep the NC1 platform going much like the NA2 until they are ready for the Gen 3 NSX, whatever that will be. But, I think it may be more like the incremental changes in the Gen 1 versus a full platform refresh.

Back