• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

REM Turn on wire

Does the factory stereo have a remote turn on wire to turn on the factory amps? Im looking at the OEM radio wiring diagram (written on the back of the radio itself) and the wiring harnesses that ive purchased and do not see any. Do the amps just run all the time?

Cool, so the factory antenna would technically go up even if a CD or tape was playing? Is this correct? I dont have an antenna on my car so i cant test this.

Cool, so the factory antenna would technically go up even if a CD or tape was playing? Is this correct? I dont have an antenna on my car so i cant test this.

That is correct. There is a small device that exists called the Smartenna that you could put in line with the antenna connector that would keep it down when it was in CD or Tape mode and only go up for Radio mode.

If the antenna has been deleted the wiring for the power antenna is likely still in the trunk so you can test to see if the power up signal is still present. The antenna / amplifier relay is (I vaguely recall) in one of the relay boxes in the front engine compartment. You need to check for your particular model year because Honda moved the relays around between years. Once you find the relay you can check at the relay location to see in the head unit is still issuing the power up signal for the relay.

Thanks Old Guy. This isnt to test a factory radio, its for an aftermarket deck install. The harness was confusing because most of the time the REM and ANT ON are separate. I guess they are not in this case.

Back