• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removal of Engine

Hey,

I am currous how hard it is to remove the engine in a NSX? If someone has the shop manual do they explain it in there? Also if they do could you maybe scan that into a picture or txt file for me ?

------------------

Originally posted by Flexer:
Hey,

I am currous how hard it is to remove the engine in a NSX? If someone has the shop manual do they explain it in there? Also if they do could you maybe scan that into a picture or txt file for me ?

The entire 1991 service manual is online. Broadband connection is recommended.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Oh wow,

I just read through the engine removal. Anyone other than a mechanic actually done this. I would consider myself decent when it comes to working on cars. I rebuild the top half of my old 88 Conquest TSI three times with no problems. But when reading through the removal of a NSX engine things started geting crazy when I relized that the rear suspension comes out with the engine. Did I read that part right? Can you say whoa. I guess my question now is. Has anyone ever blown the seals on there car? I can rebuild the top half of a engine easy. Its when you start having to drop the cyl's and replacing seals things could get tuff.

------------------

Originally posted by Flexer:
Oh wow, I just read through the engine removal. Anyone other than a mechanic actually done this. I would consider myself decent when it comes to working on cars. I rebuild the top half of my old 88 Conquest TSI three times with no problems. But when reading through the removal of a NSX engine things started geting crazy when I relized that the rear suspension comes out with the engine. Did I read that part right? Can you say whoa. I guess my question now is. Has anyone ever blown the seals on there car? I can rebuild the top half of a engine easy. Its when you start having to drop the cyl's and replacing seals things could get tuff.

Which seals, on the crank? There are certainly some delicate issues on the bottom end, but you may be underestimating the top. I pulled, completely disassembled, reassembled and replaced the rear head on an NSX and it a major project. By comparison the bottom end doesn't look all that bad.

Back