• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replaced panel/fender

I would like the perspective of the NSX Prime community on a situation I am facing.I am committed to purchase a NA2 with a clear history and a relatively low mileage. Speaking about history, the owner mentioned that the car has been damaged while parked at his office resulting in a scrape down of the rear panel at the level of the scoop.Based on the limited extent of the damage, the repair shop (a well reputed repair/paint shop in my area) offered the choice between repairing the panel or replacing the panel by an OEM part. In order to maintain the overall quality of the car, the owner chose the latter option and both the panel and the scoop were changed by new OEM parts.From a strict visual point of view, the end result is perfect (unnoticeable). This being said, I was wondering if there is anything that I should be concerned about with such replacement of an aluminum panel. As the panel is bolted, I would assume that there is no problem, but would prefer to double check with the folks who know for sure. Also, would this replacement affect the value of the car? Any thoughts?

I’d probably want someone to verify the frame measurements. With a straight frame and no sign of other repair, I’d probably be fine with it. But it will undoubtedly affect its value as a collector’s item.

I can't recall if the rear panels have a VIN number label. You would easily notice if the opposite rear panel has a VIN label. Missing VIN label would probably raise an eyebrow or two.

My last NSX had previous damage but was checked to be straight and I loved owning it. You should be able to negotiate a better price compared to any NSX without a "history".

Back