• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Revised NSX Production Charts (NA1 91-96, NA2 97-01, Facelift 02-05)

Hey NSX Prime Members,

Having had some time on my hands I wanted to revise the great charts with information provided by Ben Lin. Often I see questions on Bring a Trailer and other threads as to what information there is for each of the years and model types. Not sure if these can be added to where the existing overall Production Chart is kept?

NA1 (1991-1996):

NSX NA1 Production Chart.JPG

NA2 (1997-2001):

NSX NA2 Production Chart.JPG

Facelift (2002-2005):

NSX Facelift Production Numbers.JPG

I find this information very interesting but can't understand the different total production number between these charts and the worldwide production number already in the "Library" section.

Any clarification on almost 10,000 unit difference?

Norm

I believe the charts above only reflect US production numbers.

First time seeing this breakdown and it’s awesome. It would be great if the forum had a NSX registry (unless I haven’t found it) similar to the Integra Type R forums. They have a break down by serial #, title status, if it’s stock or modified, location and a few other details.

^^^^ the NA2 designation in the above charts is slightly problematic / misleading, as this code applies to the C32B engined (MT) cars. All AT NSX are designated NA1, and use the C30A engine, even in 2005…

Last edited:
I find this information very interesting but can't understand the different total production number between these charts and the worldwide production number already in the "Library" section.

Norm

What I posted are only the US market numbers (8,949 units).

^^^^ the NA2 designation in the above charts is slightly problematic / misleading, as this code applies to the C32B engined (MT) cars. All AT NSX are designated NA1, and use the C30A engine, even in 2005…
Understood but separating them to say some are NA1 vs some that are NA2 would be messy (so too the facelifted automatics). I'll add an asterisk that all AT are C30A engined NA1s.

Norm
If you read the resource, it notes that the worldwide production numbers are based on every single NSX chassis that rolled off the line, regardless if it was offered for sale or other purposes. Other purposes could be crash test examples, race cars (a dozen R chassis were sent to TC Prototypes in England for the LeMans effort for example), media test cars, internal Honda tech demonstrators, etc.

US Production makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Honcho.. I did read the notes on the other data post but with a 10,000 unit variation I just couldn't get there :rolleyes:

Let me also add my appreciation for the site update. (y)(y)

Norm

Do we know how many are still operational? not wrecked or destroyed.

What's up, I'm a new owner of a Na1 and I was doing research on the vin numbers trying to figure out what number my vehicle is it just the last numbers

Understood but separating them to say some are NA1 vs some that are NA2 would be messy (so too the facelifted automatics). I'll add an asterisk that all AT are C30A engined NA1s.

This continues to be a vexing topic with many experts online still getting it wrong. NSX Prime should be a reference people can trust. Good tables here:

I'd suggest correcting the Title (currently NA2) to NA1 & NA2, and adding a row below the transmission type with the NA1 or NA2 designation, for both 97-01 AND 02-05 since so many people associate the facelift with NA2 and don't realize there are facelifted both facelifted NA1's as well as pop-up NA2's. Might not be a bad idea to very lightly shade the NA2 columns, which would also make reading the table easier.

Last edited:
Back