• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rim suggestions?

I have had 18/19 Advan Model 5’s (bought used many years ago). I don’t think they were in the best condition and have gotten them repaired multiple times and my wheel shop said they’re on the threshold of their life. I really like this classic design and would like something similar but am open to any suggestions. I have stoptech BBK which need to be cleared. I love the look of 18/19 but think I would prefer going back to 17/18 for better handling. I don’t track, just some spirited driving on occasion and honestly don’t drive it too much. Looking forward to some recommendations.
9292f4848ed9da608abfdb20fc63d841.jpg

0a95cb00d3dfc558d9d7fcfd5c465022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
17/17 or 17/18 many options..

The Advan Model 5's are my favorite look for the NSX, but in 17/18.

Are the newer production Model T5's any stronger?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I really love model 5's but I have finally come to accept that I may have to move on. Do you guys think 17/18s are the best for performance? I definitely felt a downgrade when going from OEM to 18/19s.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming. I really love model 5's but I have finally come to accept that I may have to move on. Do you guys think 17/18s are the best for performance? I definitely felt a downgrade when going from OEM to 18/19s.

The original 15/16 and 16/17 will provide the lightest handling feel- the original feel of the NSX that the engineers intended. Even the 17/18 are a compromise in this instance- drive a 15/16 Enkei or Phat Fives right after driving a 17/18 combo and you will feel it.

The original 15/16 and 16/17 will provide the lightest handling feel- the original feel of the NSX that the engineers intended. Even the 17/18 are a compromise in this instance- drive a 15/16 Enkei or Phat Fives right after driving a 17/18 combo and you will feel it.

I believe it. I should really ask, is 17/18 the right balance of look and performance? I don't track.

looks are subjective...so is driving bliss....some feel it more than others...you are a long time owner,,been to plenty of meets, you know what you like...just a matter of shopping...

lol are you married?

that can be a pita....best to find a vendor who has done the homework on what clears what...there are some old wheel threads that folks report what combos have worked..

These somewhat like the the M5s.
BC Racing forged RS-42
17x8, +40 front
18x9.5 +35 rear
The sizes and offset I decided on were from generous prime input in the past.
I can't comment on BBK clearance....
Maybe a little rub at full turn; I rarely notice.
I think they look OK.
See this guy if interested:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Wheels-custom-made-to-order-NEW-styles-added
BC has changed this wheel a bit since I bought them; not sure if you could order these just like this:
IMG_2201.jpg
PS - The Prodrive GC-07 do look pretty nice...

Last edited:
These somewhat like the the M5s.
BC Racing forged RS-42
17x8, +40 front
18x9.5 +35 rear
The sizes and offset I decided on were from generous prime input in the past.
I can't comment on BBK clearance....
Maybe a little rub at full turn; I rarely notice.
I think they look OK.
See this guy if interested:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-Wheels-custom-made-to-order-NEW-styles-added
BC has changed this wheel a bit since I bought them; not sure if you could order these just like this:
View attachment 170975
PS - The Prodrive GC-07 do look pretty nice...

Thanks, I will check these guys out.

Back