• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rio de Janero- Carnivale 05

I was seriously thinking about settling down until this happened!!!!
Damn!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: decisions, decisions. If you haven't been,
YOU NEED TO GO!!!! I thought South Beach was off the chain!! Got plenty more pics, just dont want to get thrown off prime. Was there for 5 days. Wanna see more?

Attachments

• Rio carnival 05 (142) (Small).jpg
    Rio carnival 05 (142) (Small).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 780
Quick! Where's the link to the rest of the pics? :biggrin:

aim, focus, shoot!!!

hmmm... Nice teaser, but improve the lighting & show some frontal anatomy- Rio/Carnival is notorious for transexuals/etc... :eek:

Otherwise, it's all good baby-baby-babeee!
:cool:

Heres some of the good stuff :eek: :biggrin:

Attachments

• Rio carnival 05 (124) (Small).jpg
    Rio carnival 05 (124) (Small).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 604
  • Rio carnival 05 (134) (Small).jpg
    Rio carnival 05 (134) (Small).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 599
you might want to post on project Mayhem and link it here. :wink:

GREAT PICS :eek: :eek:

Where's our resident Carioca when we need him ?? Miled -- you out there ??

Having been to this at least 2x, its everything advertised -- and more. Pix do NOT do it justice, particularly the frenzy of the big parade through the Sambadromo...

I personally prefer the more laid-back street-party approach done in some of the smaller coastal towns (e.g., Bahia area). But the spectacle of the Grand Carnival in Rio is definitely something to see...

As an aside, the Brazilian portugese word for bikini bottom is "fio dental" (literally "dental floss")... the implications of this should be pretty obvious, even before the requisite 6 caipirinha cocktails :)

Ko-nsx said:
Heres some of the good stuff :eek: :biggrin:

Brazilian Butts.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............urrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... (Homer Simpson Style)

Yes please.... More... More... PLEASE!

Ko-nsx said:
I was seriously thinking about settling down until this happened!!!!
Damn!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: decisions, decisions. If you haven't been,
YOU NEED TO GO!!!! I thought South Beach was off the chain!! Got plenty more pics, just dont want to get thrown off prime. Was there for 5 days. Wanna see more?

I was in Rio for Carnaval 2004, I know exactly what you mean. :) I was invited to join some girls to dance in a samba school in the Sambadrome. It was awesome.

My opinion is exactly the opposite of everyone elses...... I went to Rio for Carnivale back in 95 or so and stayed at the Luxor, Rio is a complete dump. It's loud, it smells, and the trash piles are 10' high. You go in one block from the beach and you're in the slums. I did the whole club Scala and Help on various nights, some of the chicks are smokin' but many more are fat, and they LOVE to show off their fat there. They ALL wear the "dental floss". Honestly, I have a lot of fond memories and I'm glad I went, but I clearly recall that when I was there I couldn't wait to get back to civilization and vowed never to go back, at least to Rio. Christ, the supermarket meat dept had flies landing all over the meat. It was truly 3rd world. We met a couple of guys from Switzerland that were way cool, too bad they were robbed *THREE* times, and one of them knocked out with a rag with chemicals, his shoes stolen, and then they threw him into the ocean. We found him later with chemical burns all over his face. Rio might be great if you know someone there that knows all the places to go, but as someone who went on my own only with the guidance of Fodors, it sucked. Varig sucked too, I'll never fly on them again either :p.

robr said:
My opinion is exactly the opposite of everyone elses...... I went to Rio for Carnivale back in 95 or so and stayed at the Luxor, Rio is a complete dump. It's loud, it smells, and the trash piles are 10' high. You go in one block from the beach and you're in the slums. I did the whole club Scala and Help on various nights, some of the chicks are smokin' but many more are fat, and they LOVE to show off their fat there. They ALL wear the "dental floss". Honestly, I have a lot of fond memories and I'm glad I went, but I clearly recall that when I was there I couldn't wait to get back to civilization and vowed never to go back, at least to Rio. Christ, the supermarket meat dept had flies landing all over the meat. It was truly 3rd world. We met a couple of guys from Switzerland that were way cool, too bad they were robbed *THREE* times, and one of them knocked out with a rag with chemicals, his shoes stolen, and then they threw him into the ocean. We found him later with chemical burns all over his face. Rio might be great if you know someone there that knows all the places to go, but as someone who went on my own only with the guidance of Fodors, it sucked. Varig sucked too, I'll never fly on them again either :p.

I can definitely see how it could be a bad experience as well... Our hostel was a block over from the favelas... we had to walk past it all the time.

The other area I went to was Florianopolis... thats where everyone who visits Brazil should really go. :) It was unbelievable.

Back