• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP - Ed Woudsma, a great family man and a great friend, we'll miss you!

As some of you maybe aware our good friend Ed Woudsma (eddy w on Prime) has been battling heart conditions for some time, and he was in surgery this past Tuesday to replace a valve in his heart. While the operation was a success Ed ran into severe complications the next two days. It is with sadness that we share the news of Ed's passing this early morning in London Ontario. Ed is survived by his wife Natashja whom many of you have met, and his two daughters Kyra and Taya.

EDIT
Details of funeral arrangments are now available:
Visitation is at Westview Funeral Home on 709 Wonderland Road North, London Ontario on Sunday Feb 24 from 1-3pm. This is followed by Memorial service on Monday Feb 25 at 6pm, follow by a party celebrating Ed's life at Bellamere Winery at 1260 Gainsborough Rd, London from 7-10pm.

In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Ed can be made to a trust fund set up for Kyra and Taya. Please contact the funeral home at 519-641-1793 for details.

Please join us in sending our thoughts and prayers to the Woudsma family in their time of need. Ed was a great friend and he will be missed by many.

RIP Eddy!!

72960128.jpg

576543_180407818749198_205207292_n.jpg

407378_108900269233287_102810718_n.jpg

431152_150200235103290_104771480_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sad news indeed...a couple of the Club Exe's will be attending the funeral when the details are made available of the service, this information would be provided.

Bram

may his family's pain ease with time....

Very sad news. He was one of my favorite members despite only meeting him a couple of times. He was very welcoming and easy to talk to. His wife Natashja complimented him perfectly. My thoughts are with all his family and friends. See you around Ed ------- Jordan

Details of funeral arrangments are now available:

Visitation is at Westview Funeral Home on 709 Wonderland Road North, London Ontario on Sunday Feb 24 from 1-3pm. This is followed by Memorial service on Monday Feb 25 at 6pm, follow by a party celebrating Ed's life at Bellamere Winery at 1260 Gainsborough Rd, London from 7-10pm.

In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Ed can be made to a trust fund set up for Kyra and Taya. Please contact the funeral home at 519-641-1793 for details.

So sad, my thought are with his family.

I was shocked to here this news today, receiving a text from Ed's wife, Natashja. I sold Ed my NSX in 2011. Our time together was limited to a test drive in Toledo, OH on a rainy day (the first rain that car had seen in over a decade) and Ed's following road trip to Cincinnati a few weeks later for pick-up and a long return drive to Canada. We shared many emails leading up to his visit and after delivery. He drove with enthusiasm and I could tell he really enjoyed the car. He talked about his family to me and was full of life and energy. These are the moments that cause anyone willing to deal with the tough topic of death to really pause and consider everyday life. How we live it. How we choose to spend our time and money. How we treat the people along the path. How we deal with trouble and loss ... things beyond our control. My prayer for Natashja and the girls will be for God to touch their hearts with peace that passes understanding and bring healing where there is hurt. To remember all the good things about Ed, and to cherish the days they got to spend together. This is a tough season for this family, and they need a lot of support. Each of us can choose to share our love and prayers to help them through it. To bring hope. Believe it or not, there is a God that cares and is bigger than this situation. The world is broken, and so great pain can occur. But don't think God has turned his back or ear to what is happening. I am confident He will see them through this storm and fill emptiness with a new joy. It was a pleasure meeting Ed. My hope now is that this moment will change all of our lives in such a way that it literally changes the world for the better. May God bless the Woudsma's ... and may God bless us all.

Hello Everyone. This is Ed's brother, Mark.

I'd like to personally thank everyone, from myself, and from my family, to everyone on this forum and in the Ontario NSX club, to those who came to the visitation yesterday, to those who welcomed my brother into your family, for the words of sympathy and your condolences.

He will be truly missed by many of us for some time to come.

Mark Woudsma

I was so shocked to hear the news. Ed and I have been planning to go out for coffee for the last few weeks, but couldn't make our schedules work.
I'll miss my London NSX friend. Fair winds and following seas my friend.

Stunned and saddened by this unfortunate news..... we met Eddy and Natashja at ESTFest 2012. Eddy loved to talk fishin' and how he enjoyed the Ontario shoreline of Lake St. Clair for Muskie, Walleye, and Smallmouth. I perceived he was very good at it.
A really nice couple.
Our hearts are out to Natashja and daughters.

NO doubt Eddy was a "keeper" :

FISHERMAN’S PRAYER

God grant that I may live

to fish until my dying day,

and when the final cast is made

and life has slipped away,

I pray that God’s great landing net

will catch me in its sweep,

and in His mercy, God will judge me

Big enough to keep.

I don't come to Prime as often as I'd like and was so shocked and sad to hear the news. I've never met him personally but know he was always a part of this enthusiast community. RIP.

Very sad to hear this news. Ed and I met up in Windsor this past fall when he was there for one of his kids' athletic events. We spent an hour or so over coffee at Tim Horton's discussing cars but also many other things. Our plan was to meet up in Sarnia/Port Huron in the spring (he mentioned something about a great place for french fries near the Blue Water Bridge). It was my privilege to know Ed -- a super guy. Condolences to Natashja, Kyra, Taya and the rest of Ed's family.

Mark, it was great meeting you and thank you for posting. While Ed's family has formed great friendships within our community, it maybe difficult to expect them to remain active with our group, but we hope you would stay in touch using either Ed's sign-on or setup a separate account. Sure Ed would approve of you carrying on his legacy with our community of car enthusiasts. Also as you mentioned at visitation, let us know if we can assist the family in selling Ed's car if that's Natashja's wish in the end.

Owen

Hello Everyone. This is Ed's brother, Mark.

I'd like to personally thank everyone, from myself, and from my family, to everyone on this forum and in the Ontario NSX club, to those who came to the visitation yesterday, to those who welcomed my brother into your family, for the words of sympathy and your condolences.

He will be truly missed by many of us for some time to come.

Mark Woudsma

Oh man... Way too young. Very sad news. RIP Eddy, you'll be missed here.

Back