• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP - Vahan S (BMWCCA MC Chief Instructor)

Forwarding this on to the Midwest gang. Several of us have done track events with various Indiana/Michigan BMWCCA chapters, notably the ones at Putnam Park, Gingerman and Grattan.

Vahan Shahinian was Chief Instructor for the Motor City (Detroit area) CCA chapter for several years, and I had the pleasure of knowing him as a instructor/teacher, co-instructor, and always a good friend.

Am forwarding this on from Bill Wade, Driving Events coordinator for BMWCCA Bluegrass.

##########

While at Putnam Park this weekend we learned that Vahan lost his battle with cancer this weekend. He was 52.

He was a quiet guy and was always there for you, where he needed to be, doing what needed to be done, mostly in the back ground without a lot of flash, or noise.

Great guy and with a great sense of humor.

He was one of the good guys... I will miss his friendship a lot and I know many others will as well.

I'm starting a collection to have a bench added to the area at Putnam where the tree was planted and bench installed for Dr. Harker a few years ago.

We will install it on the Friday of our school July 4th weekend.
If you would like to contribute to this, please send it to me at the address below.

Godspeed Vahan...

--
Peace
Bill Wade

Vahan Shahinian Memorial Fund
c/o Bill Wade
1805 Rosewood Ave
Louisville KY 40204

Last edited:
Back