• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Roger Clemens' Hummer stolen

Why would you leave your car unlocked? :rolleyes:

From CNN today

It took All-Star pitcher Roger Clemens 20 years to rack up 300 wins -- a feat for which his team rewarded him with a brand-new orange Hummer.

On Wednesday, police say, it took thieves just a few minutes to make off with the hulking vehicle after Clemens' son drove it to school and left it unlocked.

School district police issued a statewide all-points bulletin statewide asking people to keep an eye out for the Hummer, which was stolen from Memorial High School at about 8:30 a.m.

"I talked with Roger about it a little," said Chuck Brawner, chief of the Spring Branch Independent School District police. "That Hummer was given to him by the New York Yankees for his 300th win."

Brawner said Clemens, who was at spring training with the Houston Astros in Florida, is offering a $10,000 reward for the vehicle's safe return and information about who took it. The Hummer contained all of Koby Clemens' baseball equipment for the high school team.

Roger Clemens couldn't immediately be reached for comment by The Associated Press on Wednesday.

He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school.

Hummers can range from $50,000 to more than $100,000.

"These athletes, they make the money, don't they?" Brawner said

Really? And your address would be.........? :biggrin:

What was the tag #? Maybe this is it.

Pr011805givemea.jpg

White92 said:
Really? And your address would be.........? :biggrin:

Well you would have to get in the garage first. :biggrin:

I run in the store and leave the keys in the ignition quite often. In the summer I leave the windows down while at the store or the mall. Keep in mind I live in a very small town and it is 30-40 minutes to any place with a population over 25k. I love it here...no crime.

serves him right for "allegedly" going to retire after leaving the yankees :tongue:

Punk A$$ kid with a Punk A$$ Father. I can't stand Roger Clemens. Mr. "oh I want to help houston win a title but I ain't helping with the salary cap".

Retire already. We need real players. Not greedy dogs who won't go on road trips and only work when their wife lets them. :mad: :mad:

ahhh, i feel better now.

He must not really care much about the vehicle to only offer a $10,000 reward. That is chump change to someone like him. :confused:

White92 said:
He began letting Koby Clemens drive the orange Hummer to school after he signed a letter of intent last November to play baseball for the University of Texas, whose colors are burnt orange and white. Before that, Koby drove a black Hummer to school.

Hummers can range from $50,000 to more than $100,000.

"These athletes, they make the money, don't they?" Brawner said
So much for any "sympathy" factor, eh ??
Amazing what passes for "newsworthy" these days.

nsx1164 said:
Amazing what passes for "newsworthy" these days.

My thoughts exactly.

Back