• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ROTORA BBK and Products

OK. Most of you know a company calls ROTORA? .

We have purchase something special from them few weeks ago and they would like to thank us by offering us a great discount on their products.

Anyone need stuffs from ROTORA?

Let me know.

Rotora Brake Kits High Performance Brake Systems for Cars

Rotora Brake Kits was founded in the fall of 1999; U.S.-based Rotora is a major aftermarket manufacturer of high performance brake systems and components including racing calipers, brake discs, and pads ranging from Original Equipment aftermarket replacement parts to racing and high performance upgrades. Previously established as an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of aftermarket brake components (including calipers, brake discs, drums, and pads) in the mid 1980’s, Rotora utilized its technical and production knowledge gained from OEM to offer performance enthusiasts the very best in high performance brake upgrade systems. As racing enthusiasts, the founding partners of Rotora share the same passion and dream: to develop an uncompromising braking system to meet and exceed all required brake performance specifications in the severest conditions in the motor sports field. This drive towards higher innovative braking solutions not only involves exploring new materials and new technologies, but also the search for a dynamic brake design to achieve the greatest balance between efficiency, stability, reliability, and controllability. This long pursuit resulted in the development of the 2-piston, 4-piston, 6-piston, and the new 8-piston racing caliper brake system.

Fully cast and CNC machined to ensure the highest quality; high performance Rotora Brake Kits system enables superior brake modulation while improving overall pedal feel to ensure equal distribution of weight transfer when braking. To achieve this proportional front-to-rear brake bias, Rotora 2-piece cast aluminum calipers are fine tuned by increasing the clamp load to the optimal level while utilizing the stock master cylinder to retain overall front-to-rear brake bias. High performance Rotora Brake Kits system is comprised of a set of 1 or 2-piece cross-drilled/slotted or slotted directional rotors (295-355mm), a set of high performance (2, 4, or 6-piston) calipers, carbon steel (S45C) mounting brackets, Rotora ceramic friction material race pads, and stainless-steel braided brake lines (D.O.T. compliant). All Rotora Brake Kits are direct bolt on replacement with minimal modifications required.

Which one?

91 - 05 NSX NA1/2

axle Part # Caliper pistion/type disc size/type wheels weight

Front RBK044.01, 4/FC4, 330x30/2-PIECE, 39/187/113, 55

Front RBK044.03, 4/FF4, 355X32/2-PIECE, 42/199/121, 62

Front RBK044.02, 6/FC6, 355X32/2-PIECE, 51/201/122, 67

Rear RBK110.01, 4/FC4-B, 330X30/2-PIECE, 46/187/113, 55

Rear RBK110.02, 4/FC4, 355X32/2-PIECE, 48/199/125, 62

Red calipers in stock and Blue calipers are in back order.

PM for price.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Update:

Apparently Rotora had a huge influx of cash, R&D, and resources and their products made a huge jump in improvement within the past few years. Ive driven on a few Rotora systems years ago and wouldn't necessarily have recommended them.

Recently, I did the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in the E0 class in an E36 M3 that was equipped with Rotora's new 6 piston front caliper and 4 piston rear. We finished 1st in class and 2nd overall. The brakes were phenomenal -despite my initial hesitation and skepticism before driving the car. The brakes remained consistent and had great pedal feel (wasn't the best pad choice though) and I would definitely recommend them.

02_thill_top_tenish.jpg

51_thill_afternoon_drop.jpg

Don't recommend buying this brand...........!!
Stay away........your car deserves MORE...A LOT more......!!

Don't down grade your car's image with it.....go with Stop Tech before you go with this brand.......but Brembo is the way to go without a doubt in terms of quality, brand image, technical service, reputation, longivity, warranty and etc., you name it, it has it beat.........except pricing.....but we all know you pay for what you get.......in this case it is surely so......
:wink:

Plus they dont even make an e brake kit for the car anyways if you want to get that to match later on.......be pretty retarded to have say Rotora front and rear brakes and then a Brembo e brake kit caliper on there as well...........well, just my 2 cents.......

You can call them to see if it fits your stock 2002 wheels, but they probably wont know and will just tell you to do the measuring yourself........and that you be responsible for the decision and measurement......LOL

Last edited:
Well, up to each individual to see what their budget is like and what their preferences are........

Without going into details and behind the scenes in the industry, I will just say dont read into everything and believe it...........and that there are a lot of shady things that go on in each company that are not "mainstream" and "historic" and "reputable"...........and those are for a reason.......

I was offered to put on front and rear kit on my car, my Supra twin turbo, my Evolution time attack car, but declined and did not do so........just things will surprise you when you know insider informations.......LOL....

Best wishes for those whom decide to go with their kit and all the power to you all........sincerely......
:biggrin:

Well, up to each individual to see what their budget is like and what their preferences are........

Without going into details and behind the scenes in the industry, I will just say dont read into everything and believe it...........and that there are a lot of shady things that go on in each company that are not "mainstream" and "historic" and "reputable"...........and those are for a reason.......

I was offered to put on front and rear kit on my car, my Supra twin turbo, my Evolution time attack car, but declined and did not do so........just things will surprise you when you know insider informations.......LOL....

Best wishes for those whom decide to go with their kit and all the power to you all........sincerely......
:biggrin:
Someone's very positive...

What time attack EVO is yours?

Some things in cars are tried and trued......BBS LM's and Brembo's are a given! For Japanese cars if you want a nice brake kit besides the stock kit, go with ENDLESS BRAKES! They are $$$ but worth the money.

I wanted a nice BBK (F/R) setup and was doing some shopping on them a while back. Only Brembo offers a full kit including a E-brake kit.

Always find it silly to use a BBK up front and your puny stock brakes in the rear since it just doesn't match. I would not get rid of my stock brakes for some questionable aftermarket ones.

If someone gave these to me for free, I'd even have to think about it.....

Some things in cars are tried and trued......BBS LM's and Brembo's are a given! For Japanese cars if you want a nice brake kit besides the stock kit, go with ENDLESS BRAKES! They are $$$ but worth the money.

I wanted a nice BBK (F/R) setup and was doing some shopping on them a while back. Only Brembo offers a full kit including a E-brake kit.

Always find it silly to use a BBK up front and your puny stock brakes in the rear since it just doesn't match. I would not get rid of my stock brakes for some questionable aftermarket ones.

If someone gave these to me for free, I'd even have to think about it.....

I guess I would agree with the above post but I think it would depend on why you are putting in a BKK. Is it just for looks in which case do you need the best (Brembo) maybe not, unless its just to show off. So you could probably go with a lesser brand and still get the look. I like to run my car at HPDEs so I want something that works. Stuntman is well known here and for racing NSXs so I trust his opinion.

Also Stuntman mentioned not needing to do anything with the rears so why the need to get a full kit with the E brake? Again is this for show or go? For show then I think I can understand the need for the all around kit but Im looking for go and dont want to waste $$$$ unnecesarily.

Last time I was at the track i thought my brakes were a weak point so I am looking to upgrade if not to a BBK kit at least new rotors and pads by 4/13 for my next HPDE.

Let me re-state my position:

My car is NOT for track, never will see a track so my answers are strictly from a show car stand point :)

Frankly speaking I'm willing to bet 90% of guys who put on BBK is for show first, performance second so yea matching front and rears are important. If you don't care for brand then buy whatever you want. Then again I bet if you look at your watch or jean brand, you still buy name brand? hehehe

We all care about brand name whether it's a car or clothing so I stand by what I said. Unless it's free I don't see the advantage. It's been well proven that on s2000's just replacing the pads and lines is plenty enough for the race track.

I've owned a full Brembo setup on my m3, a full Stoptech setup on my s4 ~ money well spent IMO. So either do it right and get the good stuff or just keep your stock brakes.

Stuntman I'm sure has plenty of track experience no doubt - I have none with the NSX so if u want performance only then go buy Rotara and post some pics.

Let me re-state my position:

My car is NOT for track, never will see a track so my answers are strictly from a show car stand point :)

Frankly speaking I'm willing to bet 90% of guys who put on BBK is for show first, performance second so yea matching front and rears are important. If you don't care for brand then buy whatever you want. Then again I bet if you look at your watch or jean brand, you still buy name brand? hehehe

We all care about brand name whether it's a car or clothing so I stand by what I said. Unless it's free I don't see the advantage. It's been well proven that on s2000's just replacing the pads and lines is plenty enough for the race track.

I've owned a full Brembo setup on my m3, a full Stoptech setup on my s4 ~ money well spent IMO. So either do it right and get the good stuff or just keep your stock brakes.

Stuntman I'm sure has plenty of track experience no doubt - I have none with the NSX so if u want performance only then go buy Rotara and post some pics.

OK cool. Thanks for your honesty.

I have heard before that even a BBK kit is not necessary for just regular HPDEs (opinions differ)......but Im sure it couldnt hurt....:biggrin:

I am wondering about what you wrote about the Stoptech and Brembo kits been worth what you paid. Did you track the S4 and M3 or do you mean its money well spent for the look?

BTW - Im posting from my bed so no jeans or watch on but yeah was wearing Lucky Brand and Mont blanc earlier so I see your point....:biggrin:

OK cool. Thanks for your honesty.

I have heard before that even a BBK kit is not necessary for just regular HPDEs (opinions differ)......but Im sure it couldnt hurt....:biggrin:

I am wondering about what you wrote about the Stoptech and Brembo kits been worth what you paid. Did you track the S4 and M3 or do you mean its money well spent for the look?

BTW - Im posting from my bed so no jeans or watch on but yeah was wearing Lucky Brand and Mont blanc earlier so I see your point....:biggrin:

Roger that is TMI!!!! I'm in bed too but don't want to know what you are wearing.....:tongue:

I tracked my m3 occasionally with no fade issues at all, never a problem with them from day one till the day I sold them. And best of all is the Brembo's hold their value quite well at resale time. Same goes for Stoptech as I tracked my s4 many times back in the midwest days. Stoptech is actually quite well supported by the company so easy to get replacement parts if need be. I have no experience with Rotara or Endless for that matter but I "heard" Endless is top notch stuff.

Personally if money was no object, and since the NSX is the king of Japanese sports cars, I would 110% buy Endless just to have the balla bling effect.

rk

Roger that is TMI!!!! I'm in bed too but don't want to know what you are wearing.....:tongue:

LOL.....thats what I was wearing earlier......im not wearing anything now.....ha ha....J/K

Personally if money was no object, and since the NSX is the king of Japanese sports cars, I would 110% buy Endless just to have the balla bling effect.

rk

Dats cuz you be da king of ballers.............

Stoptech also offers a full kit front and rear including E-brake.

Since the Stoptech and Brembo e-brakes are self-contained units, you can use them independently and regardless of the brake caliper option for the rear.

Brembo, Performance Friction (PFC), Alcon, and AP have a racing pedigree and well known "Brand". Stoptech is a relatively small company but has grown a ton since being in business for over 10 years. They are a highly reputable company, involved in motorsports, and have great products. Rotora is part of a bigger conglomerate and like I said in my previous posts, I did not like their products until I raced and won with their products last December.

Endless (and Project Mu) are Japanese brands that are highly popular in the "JDM" scene. I have no clue on their background but I think they had a Super GT (JGTC) car. As others have noted some companies (whether suspension, brake, tire, etc...) use products that are not available to the public that look similar to their off-the-shelf parts -in their racing efforts. This is true even at a "time attack" level in the United States.

Stoptech manufacturers their products in-house in the USA and have more piston sizing options than most of their competitors (who have a limited number of off-the-shelf options to find a best-fit application for a new model). Stoptech also promotes the fact they size their front-rear kits to keep the balance of the car. By having an improperly sized front-only BBK "upgrade", you can actually increase your braking distance.

Now, if brand X (Brembo, Rotora, you name it) just has a front kit and the piston sizing of the new front-only "BBK" was sized to match the balance of the factory rear, then their is no issue. You will now get the heat capacity/dissipation of the larger rotor, pad, and caliper, and will resist fade that would be prevalent using the stock front brake system.

Realistically, most people don't drive their cars hard enough (even on the track) to need better stopping than the factory system can deliver. Most people upgrade for looks, and most people who track their cars aren't pushing the car to a point where they need a BBK upgrade, better fluid and pads will suffice. Those who do have the driving ability tend to track their cars a lot.

Realistically, most people don't drive their cars hard enough (even on the track) to need better stopping than the factory system can deliver. Most people upgrade for looks, and most people who track their cars aren't pushing the car to a point where they need a BBK upgrade, better fluid and pads will suffice. Those who do have the driving ability tend to track their cars a lot.

OK.....thats what I was looking for. Cool....I can save money then. I will just upgrade to SS brake lines, some good rotors and pads and be on my way........

+1 to what Billy said.

I found the stock brakes with upgraded lines, fluid, and pads to be more than sufficient for me on street tires at the track when starting out.

Correct me if I'm wrong....wouldn't the NA2 calipers work better than the NA1?

Back