• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SALVAGE 1994 NSX coupe/5MT/Formula Red/black/108k miles/JH4NA1156RT000131 $26,000

YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): 1994 NSX
FULL VIN #:
JH4NA1156RT000131
CURRENT MILEAGE: 108.7xx
COLOR (EXT/INT):
Formula Red/Black
TRANSMISSION: 5MT
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Woodside, NY
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): 917-754-5985
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $26,000 obo

Hello Prime members,

I'm posting my NSX up for grabs. I'll begin by mentioning the only negative which is that it has a NYS salvage branded title. If this bothers you or strikes you as angle to marginalize my asking price I would kindly ask that you look elsewhere.

The accident took place in 2001 in Maryland and according to carfax it involved the front passenger side. From the current look one would never be able to tell that this was the case. There is no evidence of frame damage. The car is very clean both inside and out and I bought it with knowledge of a previous accident. I purchased it from a gentleman in New Jersey and at the time had received a clear title for it. Once registered in New York State I received the infamous salvage inspection letter from the DMV. A few months down the road and 30 minutes later my car was in/out and passed with flying colors as all parts were replaced with brand new OEM stamped replacement parts. I received a NYS title with the salvage branding on it. Don't be stigmatized by the salvage part, this car registers as any other and my insurance with geico was $900 for the year for full coverage. That said, here are the details:

Exterior:
-body had been completely repainted formula red all around by the previous owner
-Wings west lip/side skirts/diffuser added
-newly purchased tsw mirabeau concave 18/19 combo with new falken tires (700 miles on everything)
-eibach springs on stock struts (have a full extra set of stock shocks that will come with the car)
-HID flip lights
-exhaust tips (unsure of make, look great)
-matching red nsx engine cover & engine mesh grill
-lamborghini scissor doors

Interior:
-leather shows minimal signs of wear, very clean for the year (no tears, cuts or abrasions) as do the floor mats
-door panels look new as do leather inserts
-aftermarket shift knob

Engine: The engine has been pampered through my ownership and has not seen vtec. I drive in the 3-4k rpm range to minimize wear and tear. Oil change intervals were every 3000 miles using Mobile1 10w30 synthetic and either oem or purolator oil filter. Car has only 10 miles on the new oil.

Gearbox
: 5-speed transaxle shifts like butter. I recently just did a flush and refill using honda red cap oil, never shifted hard.

Clutch
: stock clutch grips perfectly with no slippage. According to the previous owner it had been changed 2 years ago. NSX clutches are non-slippable therefore I've always made a point to carefully engage gears, especially 1st.

Electronics: all dash lights and interior lights work as they should. Window regulators are tired as are common in most of our cars, but they still work fine. I replaced the main relay two months ago out of sheer paranoia and will be giving the old one with the car.
-auto page with full alarm/automatic start
-aftermarket pioneer cd/fm/dvd/navigation/iphone/ipod head unit

Extra:
A few other tokens with the sale will come brand new cross-drilled rotors which I never got around to installing and the stock suspension.

All factory misc items are in place such as spare tire, wheel jack and tire inflation pump.

That's all that comes to mind. This car rides straight and true. next owner will be very pleased. I am still unsure about selling and will of certainty regret it. My price of $26,000 is only slightly negotiable so please don't send any insulting offers. Additionally I'm not looking for any trades so please hold back the offers. If you're looking for a budget NSX show car (if there is such thing as one), look no further. Any additional questions, feel free to PM me. On to the pictures:

Last edited:
Back