• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Salvages...

Some really amazing work happening in this forum - true "resurrections"

One favor I think the the entire forum would ask of the builders is if anyone working on bringing a fallen NSX back to life could add the VIN to the salvage database.

I noticed that there was a link in one of the threads to a salvage shop that deals with a high volume of NSXs and the few VINs that site had in their current listings actually arent in the salvage DB in the Wiki.

I think the salvage list is one of the absolute best and more important resources on Prime, so pitching into it is just an invaluable service to the community!

Thanks!

I always post my wrecked NSX's Vins other members do not.

if it was a perfect world maybe they would.

There is a thread in the wiki section...

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Salvage_List

That would be a decent place to start... Unfortunately, a list such as this doesn't need to be able to be edited by the general public for obvious reasons...

There is a thread in the wiki section...

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Salvage_List

That would be a decent place to start... Unfortunately, a list such as this doesn't need to be able to be edited by the general public for obvious reasons...

That list is editable (at least I can edit it for some reason), but it is *woefully* outdated. A google search of "NSX Salvage" will turn up a dozen threads *on Prime* with folks like Shawn (thanks Shawn!!!) *clearly* discussing a salvage project with VIN, but those VINs arent in the Wiki.

I was going to add some myself, but Im not sure of the protocol. I dont want to be presumptuous and add someone elses VIN to a list. That said, it would be just fantastic (given the low NSX production #s) if we could get close to *actually* knowing how many are *really* left.

I suspect the number of salvages is much, much higher than the list and I fear that many cars floating around have been title washed.

Reason for that is multiple times when Ive been in the market for an NSX, Ive taken a body expert to see a "perfect specimen", only to be informed that pretty much every panel had been repainted :eek:

I think we should e-mail the Mods with the VINs we can prove are Salvaged maybe with pics and vin. and have them edit Wiki. and lock it down.

lets say one of my VINs was on Wiki, and I was gonna sell the salvaged car. I could go into wiki and delete my vin. and sell away. and tell the guy to check Prime Wiki list and its not there.

people should be allowed to add a vin but not delete a vin.

but say you entered a vin into Wiki and it was the wrong VIN. the real owner finds his NSX VIN on wiki listed as salvage then there is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I dont know. like i said before if this was a perfect world.

If you see a salvage VIN on a thread here, an eBay listings, or whatever, edit the wiki and add it to the list. The fact that people are hesitant to do so is the reason the list is out of date. It is not by accident that all members can edit the wiki.

I suggest that when adding a a VIN to the salvage list it would be very useful to cite the source (link the thread, screen shot or print to PDF the eBay auction, upload it to the wiki and link it, etc.)

There are no "mods" for the wiki. There are, however, protections and tools built in that make it easy to monitor and react to anyone attempting to delete a VIN to hide something (the "watch" tab is a good one). If there is an error in the wiki it's no worse than an error in a message thread.

Not to be overly vague, but there is some stuff "in the works" regarding this. I'm not big on vaporware so just stay tuned for some discussion / announcement threads in the coming months. Until then, any efforts to update the existing salvage VIN list would help as long as sources are cited.

I started trying to better organize the information... hopefully that helps with your 'update'...

If anybody knows of any additional vehicles that should be added, please post them in this thread until I finish moving all of the existing ones around... I would hate to not include one because it was edited between my saves...

Ok, I finished sorting the information so that it is more easy to use. I still have a little cleaning up to do with it though. Please let me know what you think for now... Also, if you know of any that should be added, please do so. After I reorganized the listing it became extremely obvious that there was a lot more information to be added with only around 110 listings!

I started to keep pics of the wrecked NSX's I came across

I saved the pics and the name of the pic was the vin.

i know I have atleast 5 pics with vins. and I stopped cuz they deleted the thread were I was posting it.

will check wiki out

guys I have pics of an NSx I have the vin number but am not sure what year it is the decoding the VIN says 2001-2005 so

here is the vin I am linking photos to the WIKI Vin that I have. So i cant add this car as I dont have all the info needed to be sure where to add it

JH4NA21652T000206 2001-2005 manual

heres the photo I have 3 of them different shots
JH4NA21652T000206A.jpg

Should be an 02 by the vin...

The 10th digit of the VIN, if a 1-5 tells you that car is a 200_. It seems like that is way too simple but thats the way it is. The VIN decoder is worded funny to make it seem like 2001-2005s are indistinguishable by VIN until you see a bunch of VINs.

Maybe we can get a shared photo gallery for salvage NSXs so we don't have to link them from photobucket and other random websites / auction pages / etc where they can be removed / turn into dead links /etc... Provided that doesn't conflict with the plans that are being made for the upgraded system...

Last edited:
Ok, I finished sorting the information so that it is more easy to use. I still have a little cleaning up to do with it though. Please let me know what you think for now... Also, if you know of any that should be added, please do so. After I reorganized the listing it became extremely obvious that there was a lot more information to be added with only around 110 listings!

That looks fantastic, thanks!!

:smile:

Maybe we can get a shared photo gallery for salvage NSXs so we don't have to link them from photobucket and other random websites / auction pages / etc where they can be removed / turn into dead links /etc... Provided that doesn't conflict with the plans that are being made for the upgraded system...

I think the best plan is to upload them to the wiki. That will allow you to easily link it from within the wiki and should play nicely with any of the changes current in planning stages. http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Special:Upload

Also, just a general reminder... This list is for cars that have official "total loss" title history such as salvage, junk, rebuilt, etc., not just for cars that were wrecked. If you have info on cars that were just wrecked hang onto it for now and hopefully there will be a good home for it soon.

the NSX's I posted were from an a few different auction sites and they showed salvaged titles.

@ prime moderators, I do not see my 91 on this wiki list which was salvaged due to a theft recovery. How can I add it to the list? I look at it as a much needed save rather than a burden so I have nothing to hide. It is NOT for sale.;-) Just wish to update the history!

Last edited:
@ prime moderators, I do not see my 91 on this wiki list which was salvaged due to a theft recovery. How can I add it to the list?
Unfortunately, there is currently no way for anyone to update the list in the wiki. But you can add the info to this thread either as new info with pictures (like the previous 2 posts) .. or even just the VIN ...or if you already have a thread elsewhere on Prime about the car, just post the link in this thread.

Back