• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saw an '01 NSX for $46,800...is that cheap or I am nuts??

I was muddling around Indy and found an '01 NSX-T for sale with a price of about $46,800 in the window!! :eek:

Maybe I am just dumb...but that sounds really low for an '01 NSX-T. Mileage was about 69,000 miles and it was a 6-speed, red/black. So....am I off base thinking this car is priced below market value?? :confused:

BIG MILES! sounds to me like its worth in the low $40k's, IMO :wink:

Yup. The mileage is extremely high, about triple the average. I think that price is okay and maybe pretty good (depending on condition), but it's not an earth-shaking bargain.

That is a terrific deal if the regular servicing has been done. You should buy it to add to your wonderful NSX collection :smile:

Yeah, I stopped in to look at it too. Looked very clean, but with the miles who knows what a fair price is. I was just surprised their asking was that low. I have to admit I was a little drawn to that Seal gray 996TT :biggrin:

Nate

I am not one to shy away from a car because of high mileage (I had a '98 with 82K on it). As long as the car looks and drives nice, and carries an active maintenance history, I would consider that a good deal. Especially considering one of the NSX's best selling points is that it's extremely reliable regardless of mileage. I say buy it, enjoy it, and then sell it when you move onto another vehicle.

fangtl said:
I am not one to shy away from a car because of high mileage
I don't think that's the question here. He's not asking whether to shy away from the car because of above-average mileage. He's asking how good a price it is, considering the mileage, condition, etc.

nsxtasy said:
I don't think that's the question here. He's not asking whether to shy away from the car because of above-average mileage. He's asking how good a price it is, considering the mileage, condition, etc.

Ken I also said, "As long as the car looks and drives nice, and carries an active maintenance history, I would consider that a good deal. " :smile:

Meeyatch1 said:
I was muddling around Indy and found an '01 NSX-T for sale with a price of about $46,800 in the window!! :eek:

Maybe I am just dumb...but that sounds really low for an '01 NSX-T. Mileage was about 69,000 miles and it was a 6-speed, red/black. So....am I off base thinking this car is priced below market value?? :confused:

is that the one on 96th? My dad knows quite a bit about that car. It was sold at auction a few times I think, was in OH for a while. There was some mileage discrepancy where someone recorded 6900 miles instead of 69000 or something like that. My dad also thought the front bumper looked repainted. (I'm just basing this all off memory, could be wrong or could be a different car, I can find out for sure if you want.) We made an appt to go down and see it and when we got there (45min+ drive) the owner had it out somewhere and they couldn't contact him. :mad:. Fun drive though I guess :rolleyes:

Offer 42k,take it home,and post photos :biggrin:

Hi Fangtl I sold you the 98 spa yellow nsx do you still have it? Or have you sold it and how did it treat you? I sold my 96 speed yellow C4S and now have a 96 Porsche TT that I just totaly rebuilt and its putting out about 550 Hp now, the car is a blast. My girlfriend still has her 91 NSX and we will probably never sell it. Doug

I checked this car out yesterday. The car is very clean . It has a clean car fax and the seller has told me the front bumper has been repainted. the repaint is very good, and was probably from some thing minor. The seller was very helpful and upfront. The car was bought at the Ohio auction May 5th 2005. I looked up the record of the sale at Manheim.com. The car was sold for $43k plus fees. The total came to $43.5k. I just bought the car for $45k. I think that is a very good price for a 2001 with 68k miles. I will be picking it up on monday. I will pick it up tonight actually...on my way ...

Last edited:
DURIM91NSX said:
I checked this car out yesterday. The car is very clean . It has a clean car fax and the seller has told me the front bumper has been repainted. the repaint is very good, and was probably from some thing minor. The seller was very helpful and upfront. The car was bought at the Ohio auction May 5th 2005. I looked up the record of the sale at Manheim.com. The car was sold for $43k plus fees. The total came to $43.5k. I just bought the car for $45k. I think that is a very good price for a 2001 with 68k miles. I will be picking it up on monday. I will pick it up tonight actually...on my way ...

Congraulations, you got yourself a great deal!

That's a lot of miles even if the owner bought it early in '01. Having said that, to me, the last factor to be scrutinized on an NSX is miles (IMHO). My '93 has 62K+, but I will bet my house that it goes to 160K (minimum) easy. What is that? Another 20 years at 5K per year. I think anyone would accept that. If the car is otherwise clean (title too), then it's worth at least $50K.

David.

Let me know if you end up getting it....I have a friend that drove it yesterday and is interested in it.

DURIM91NSX said:

So do you still have the other one you just bought fromthe guy in FL also?

Yes , I still have the the 1991 NSX I bought in Fl. That car is in the body shop getting the ww kit installed and the front bumper and mirrors also painted. I also had to replace the clutch back to oem, replace the struts with bilsteins, replace all of the engine and trunk struts and had BrianK fix the ac. When I get that car back on Thursday, all of the little anoyances will be fixed. Well it is 1:50am and I just drove back 250 miles from Indi. The car drove great with no problems. I did run into a big rainstorm. Beside some rock chips in the front lower half of the bumper and two small chips on the Targa roof that have been touched up, the rest of the car is very clean and also has two new rear tires. One of the wheels has a small scratch on the lip and some of the clear is coming off the rim. But I will be replacing the stock wheels anyway. Other wise I need a good nights sleep and I am very excited about driving the new car tommorrow. I really did enjoy the little more hp and extra gear of the 2001 compared to my previous three Nsx's all pre 1993.I have owned alot of other cars, but the feel a Nsx gives me is allways awesome, I just love these cars. My new wife is also getting hooked on them too. Good night

Congrats on the new car!! So did you find the car after seeing this thread, or did you know about it before??

Also...maybe it was just my eyes, but the rear wheels looked to be pointed inwards when I looked at the wheels from above...you might want to check and see if the car needs an alignment or if it was just my eyes. Either way, enjoy your new car. :)

You have a good eye, it is getting a alignment on monday. I think I might fix the small minor items and try putting the car on e-bay. I think I can make a quick couple bucks. Since I have spent so much on my 1991 , ww kit, wheels, wing, hood, paint work,clutch, struts, It totals close to $10k. I will decide later in the week. It feels good driving with the top off, it also feels wierd having power steering in a Nsx. Either way I cant go wrong.

Buyer beware, I just returned the car back to the dealer and stopped payment on my check. After doing a alignment yesterday, alot of major concerns about the car. Dealer was helpful and did not hesitate to take the car back. The car fax is clean, but I beg to differ. My opinion is the car has been in a major accident.

Back