• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

saw this for someone who wants to do a rebuild

probably a scam.....but if it weren't, that might be a good donor car for an EV conversion....

Maybe I should give them a call.....

if it had pics maybe LOL

but I have one being delivered today so my free time will be tapped out.

My new Build thread will start today.

stay tuned guys

I was all over this thing originally. Then he says " automatic with 140k miles" Kinda slowed my heart rate. Then I saw the pics. OUCH!:eek:

Story is the car was stored for the winter in a garage. It was his wife's "toy". Owners went out of town. Young kid watching house and gets overcome by the thought of a red sportscar sitting in the garage. He decides to risk it.. Totals it. Here is the kicker... They had liability only on the car due to it being stored :( Sucked I am sure!

Here ya go...

650ec0e5.jpg

90dd958b.jpg

75136b07.jpg

34e84a60.jpg

e3b80279.jpg

I didn't go after it..

Last edited:
yeah get the VIN.

but it will prob sit under that blue tarp for another 10 years.

if they only new how much money they could make off it.

I hope the kid lost a hand for stealing and killing an NSX

not cool.

but his ad says " The car was in an accident, I'm selling the whole car for parts. Recent $11,000 major service to the motor, for more info call "

11,000 dollar service ???? what kinda of service did it get an engine overhaul with a complete Supercharger installed. LOL

what if this thing is Supercharged? would it be worth 8K?

Last edited:
Just curious Shawn, but could that be brought back?

Just curious Shawn, but could that be brought back?

Looks to me like it was either rolled or came darn close to going all the way over. Big impacts on both sides.....I'd be worried about not having a straight chassis. I'll bet (just speculating here) that it is bent.

shawn110975 said:
11,000 dollar service ???? what kinda of service did it get

My thoughts exactly when I first read the AD. One of the things that made me think scam. I did have a fleeting thought of them having added a supercharger, turbo or doing a rebuild.....but, I would think they would want that listed first and foremost in their AD. $11K, something doesn't still doesn't add up. Would need some clarification on that.

Nukem, I didnt say it can be fixed

thats way to much damage, but if you have time and money everything is fixable.

But the ammount of parts needed to make this thing good as new you could have 3 clean title NSX's LOL

its sad though

I was all over this thing originally. Then he says " automatic with 140k miles" Kinda slowed my heart rate. Then I saw the pics. OUCH!:eek:

Story is the car was stored for the winter in a garage. It was his wife's "toy". Owners went out of town. Young kid watching house and gets overcome by the thought of a red sportscar sitting in the garage. He decides to risk it.. Totals it. Here is the kicker... They had liability only on the car due to it being stored :( Sucked I am sure!

That is freaking unbelievable!

Mistake #1: having a young kid house sit
Mistake #2: leaving keys in plain sight given #1
Mistake #3: no comprensive insurance given #1 and #2

I would remove the battery, lock the keys in a safe deposit box, and maybe put the car on blocks, if I ever thought of my storing my NSX. But if they're storing the NSX and not driving it, why would they need liability insurance? I'd think they'd drop liability and keep comprehensive.

Last edited:
Hope the stupid kid wasn't injured

and after he recovered from any injuries... received a proper ass whooping

yea, get the VIN for the wiki, that NSX is a corpse

whoever has it should part it out and crush it into a big square aluminum trophy to give back to the owner as a reminder to NEVER leave keys available to a shiny red sports car

hope the stupid kid wasn't injured

and after he recovered from any injuries... Received a proper ass whooping

yea, get the vin for the wiki, that nsx is a corpse

whoever has it should part it out and crush it into a big square aluminum trophy to give back to the owner as a reminder to never leave keys available to a shiny red sports car

lol ^

Mistake #1: having a young kid house sit
Mistake #2: leaving keys in plain sight given #1
Mistake #3: no comprensive insurance given #1 and #2

was thinking the same... who doesnt have comprehensive during off season in the midwest..but then again he did take the car out for a ride and comp does not cover vehicles that are driven so if it was sitting and tree fell on it..he will get paid

That is freaking unbelievable!

But if they're storing the NSX and not driving it, why would they need liability insurance? I'd think they'd drop liability and keep comprehensive.

2nd. Normally you would keep comp ( fire and theft at least) on the parked vehicle and drop liability? Hmmmm.

Back