• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed introduces new ProFormance Audiophile System for the NSX

After much time in development, we are excited to introduce the new ScienceofSpeed ProFormance Audiophile system for the NSX. The system was developed specifically for the NSX in conjunction with a high performance car audio component manufacture and NSX audiophile enthusiasts.

A frequently heard complaint voiced by many of our customers is the dissatisfaction with the sound and reliability of the factory Bose stereo system. This system was designed to address this complaint, and offer a much higher performance complete end-to-end system that does not require significant modification to the car.

proformancesystem.jpg

The components and custom designed parts integrate to offer a complete plug and play audio solution for the NSX. The large subwoofer and door speakers fit into the interior with a custom enclosure and mounts that secure the speakers to factory locations while seamlessly integrating into the cabin.

The system is designed to be compatible with both aftermarket head units as well as the factory head unit with the available ScienceofSpeed wire harness.

The system is based around:
o custom subwoofer enclosure housing a 10" subwoofer - developed to allow maximize sealed volume while offer minimal footwell room reduction - enclosure is compatible with M/T and A/T NSX of all years.
o custom door plates & speakers - custom door plates mount 6.5" door speaker drivers and cross overs to the factory mounting locations eliminating the need to drill into the door panel. Door panel is sealed with supplied DynaMat sound insulation pads.
o amplifier - a powerful 4 channel amplifier supplies power to the speaker system. The amplifier features adjustable mounting sliders as well as a wire harness and fuse kit rated for the output of the system.

The system is based around Diamond Audio components. Diamond Audio is a leader in the high end automotive audio market. Everything is included to complete your system from audio, electrical, and mounting components.

The system is offered in two stages of components. Each stage offers high quality components which together are a dramatic upgrade to the factory supplied stereo system. While most users will be completely satisfied with the stage 1 system, we offer a stage 2 package including an upgraded amplifier, door speakers, and upgraded wiring kit for a louder, deeper, and higher fidelity sound output.

ScienceofSpeed ProFormance Audiophile Stereo System - Stage 1
[ipp-751] $1,495.00

ScienceofSpeed ProFormance Audiophile Stereo System - Stage 2
[ipp-752] $1,845.00

Product specifics can be found here:
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com/produ...cts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/ProFormance_Audiophile

The subwoofer enclosure is available separately ($499.00 including enclosure and subwoofer). The subwoofer enclosure was designed specifically around a custom Diamond low profile subwoofer to fit into the constraints of the factory mounting location while providing ample volume required by the large subwoofer.

subwooferenclosure.jpg

I'd like to thank Ken Scott and Marc Richmond for their valuable input and expertise provided to make this project a possibility.

take care,
-- Chris

Starting Monday, and running till the end of this month, we are offering introductory pricing on both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 ProFormance Audiophile Systems!

Stage 1: $100.00 off!
Stage 2: $150.00 off!
Subwoofer & Sub Enclosure: $50.00 off!

This special will end on Tuesday 5/31. Please let us know if you have any questions on these components.

We have two installations being completed now on both an early and late model car. The owners will soon post their feedback on NSXPrime.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Congratulations on this release Chris - something the community has really needed. I wish you every success with this line - extremely pleased to offer my endorsement.
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

What is the construction of the sub enclosure made of? How thick is the material used? How deep of a subwoofer will fit with ample room for cooling behind it? And lastly, what is the actual volume of the enclosure before the subewoofer is mounted?

same questions Duece B asked :)

a couple more Q's...There was no mention of where the tweeter is to be mounted. I'm guessing it's up to us? Is the sub enclosure for sale without the sub?

Last edited:
I can't wait for my car to be done....

I have a new alpine head unit with the new touch control, Sirius, the stage II setup with Diamond Audio and a Valentine 1 with the remote setup. I am also getting a s2000 antenna to replace the NSX antenna...

SOS is "Pimping my ride." :biggrin: :eek: :cool:

Would the carpet need to be "modified" to fit the sub enclosure?
Can the sub box be purchased w/o the DA sub?
Looks like a great kit! Finally someone stepped up to the plate.

All I can say is that anyone that has seen and heard Ken's (D'Ecosse) stereo system in his car or payed attention to the many posts he has authored or responded to regarding sound components, need understand all they need do is order this system and install it.

With Ken involved in the design you need not worry. I am sure it will blow your mind and deliver exactly what you are looking for.

Now I just have save my money so I can do that upgrade too!

Thank You! I just got back in town I will contact you guys Monday! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi

:biggrin:

Several of the questions I have have already been asked. I am sure this will sound just lovely. I am really looking forward to this.

So my question is in addition to the ones already asked is where will the amplifier be situated?

I am sure you guys have made a How to with pictures which will answer a lot more questions.

Damn I need to find some old ladies to rob now. :)

Regards

D'Ecosse said:
Now that's just not nice Martin - you should just marry one!

Hi

Well maybe I just should charge a lot from the next half naked girl that wants to have their photos taken with my NSX? :)

Regards

Hi Chris,

very good invention! The BOSE unit is definitly out of date as High-End is concerned. But I like the noise in the engine apartement and don't like to add more weight to my NSX. :)

Greetings,
Thomas

FuryNSX said:
I was going to ask the same question. Is there a recommended location?

Hi

Since the cables are in the kit they must have a plan for it. But I guess they have sunday off so we all have to wait until business opens monday. :)

Thomas: I would rather not want to add weight either. And I love my Tubi's, but it is rather dull with no stereo. The added weight can be fixed by losing some weight myself. I should lose more weight than this stereo adds so I guess I will have another reason to start that work now.

Regards

hi guys --

Thank you for your patience for our reply. Here are some answers to your questions:

1. subwoofer enclosure: We'll have some picts shortly of the unit mounted. For now, you can see the photos of D'Ecosse's subwoofer in the audio forum. Ken was kind enough to let us use his enclosure as a starting point for ours.

The enclosure has a volume of .57 cubic feet. The construction of the enclosure is fiberglass and MDF. It consists of at least 4 layers of heavy duty 2.0 oz fiberglass mat. The enclosure is rugged yet lightweight compared to other enclosures I have seen (7 lbs). There is little heat where the woofer is located, and the woofer itself generates little/no heat. So no big concern there.

A protective grill sits over the woofer which creates static volume between the woofer and carpeting and protects the woofer from damage. The carpeting does not need to be modified for installation.

2. availability: For the time being, we are only offering the enclosure and woofer together, as our availability on the enclosure is limited due to only having one mold. Please note that we had to use a special design subwoofer to be compatible with the volume and the angle the subwoofer is placed at in the box to minimize intrusion into the pass. footwell. So, I am unsure if any other type of woofer would be compatible. Personally, I prefer the Diamond woofer from the ones I have heard, and think the price point is pretty good.

We will be offering the door panels online today separately.

3. Tweeter placement: The stage 1 allows mounting of the tweeter over the main driver. The stage 2 tweeter can be placed on the speaker panel for users that do not wish to modify the door panel. We prefer to place this in the upper front corner of the door panel for imaging. Our instructions illustrate where on the door panel this fits in nicely.

4. Amplifier: We prefer to place the amplifier in the trunk. The supplied wire harness is long enough to accommodate this.

Just let us know if you have any questions.

best regards,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Chris@SoS said:
hi guys --

4. Amplifier: We prefer to place the amplifier in the trunk. The supplied wire harness is long enough to accommodate this.

Just let us know if you have any questions.

best regards,
-- Chris

Hi

Thanks for the update. Where exactly will the amp be in the back? On the left "short" side or where the tools are?

Regards

I think the system would be perfect if:

- the tweeters could be placed in the triangle shown in my picture. Just as a smart hint, but a special (cf?)-box for the tweeter would be THE solution for the NSX-soundsystem. The BOSE system lacks here most because all voices come from the footroom. :( With that box nothing has to be cut. :)
Chris, what do you think about that?
- the amplifier sould be placed behind the drivers or the passenger seat to keep distances and weight distribution short/perfect :) But that's a only a matter of preference I know. :)

Regards,
Thomas

Last edited:
Hi GoldNSX

I have seen pictures of a tweeter in that exact same spot here on Prime.

I will try to see if I can find it with the Search, but I am not sure what to search for. Probably in the Stereo section somewhere.

I agree. That would be a okey place to have it. I have no idea if that would be the best place soundwise.

Regards

martin said:
I agree. That would be a okey place to have it. I have no idea if that would be the best place soundwise.

It's definitly the best place for the tweeter from the audiophile point of view as far as the tweeter is capable to transmit frequencies down to 3 kHz free of distortions. I wouldn't place the tweeter on the board with the other speaker as you only get half of the advantage out of it.
Never take second best, it's got to bee.ee.ee.ee.ee perfect dudeldidu (take from a song I don't remember it's name :D :tongue:)
No just cerious I found another part in my NSX to invest. :)

Greetings,
Thomas

hi guys --

1. The tweeter would not work in this location with out a good amount of modification as there is aluminum structure under the A pillar trim you have circled. The tweeters work great in the door panels (this location puts them within a couple inches of the a pillar trim you have circled). However, it is your decision to mount as you wish.

2. We prefer to mount the amp in the trunk to eliminate cabin interior space reduction, however, this as well is your decision.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back