• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed Sport Clutch now shipping!

The long awaited ScienceofSpeed Sport Clutch & Flywheel is now shipping!

video: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138519

clutch reviews: below, and on this post: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138898

This clutch, designed from the ground up, has been designed to be nearly identical in feel (pedal pressure and smooth engagement) to a factory clutch - but with the performance capacity to handle 400-450 wheel horsepower and be significantly lighter than the factory clutch for increased engine response. The clutch includes both clutch and lightweight flywheel - as well as the release and pilot bearings. It also includes our NSX specific alignment tool. This clutch is compatible with all NSX years - no modifications required! This clutch is ideally suited to stock engines, stock engines with bolt on mods, and moderate supercharger and turbocharger upgrades producing up to 400-450 whp.

We are very excited to be able to offer a clutch that has seemingly the best of both worlds - stock clutch like drivability with the performance benefits of increased capacity and reduced weight from a stock clutch. We're also excited to be able to offer this clutch at a price that is less than the stock clutch!

ScienceofSpeed Sport Clutch & Flywheel: $1,645.00 (includes release and pilot bearings)

factory Honda clutch & flywheel (1991-96) list: $1848.70 (includes release and pilot bearings)

factory Honda clutch & flywheel (1997-05) list: $3154.63 (includes release and pilot bearings)

Several are now installed and we expect some feedback from customers to be posted soon.

This clutch completes our clutch line up with the ScienceofSpeed Billet Twin Carbon Clutch - an ideal selection if your needs calls for more than 400-450 wheel horsepower. Here is a comparison of both:

clutchcomparison_800.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

sportsclutchspread_800.jpg

Last edited:
Chris which of these clutches would you recommend for your recent SOS supercharger pakage for both intercooled and non-intercooled kits?

I'm guessing the intercooled puts out more hp so twin disc?

I have the Sport clutch, together with the SOSSC and the Laminova IC.
I must say that the clutch feels great, almost easyer than stock.:smile:

I got the clutch week before last on Friday, had it in and driving Friday nite. I've logged about 1500miles since then and I have to say, it has performed flawlessly. It drives smooth & quiet, and the pedal feel is very smooth and lite, but not too lite. The car is a totally different animal now, finally working as I hoped it would when I bought it (clutch was toast when i got it). Now the car is truely what it's susposed to be, and now I can actually enjoy it. It drives consistantly the same whether its bumper to bumper traffic or on a twisty back road. It engages & releases sliky smooth. I cannot compare it to stock, but I can somewhat compare it to the Exedy stg3. The pedal feel is lighter, smother, absoluty no chatter when starting from a stop and the car revs more freely due the better design & lighter clutch assembly. As far as I'm concerned, unless your boosted big, this is the clutch to have in your NSX. And as for SOS, definatley the best place to deal with, short of no-one else. Everyone there is great to deal with and they're willing to truly help you decide what is best for you and your car, not just to take your money. So thanks to all the guys at SOS (especailly Bryan in the begining and Chris for cleaning it up in the end) and here's to future and great success.

Cheers

Kyle

I got the clutch week before last on Friday, had it in and driving Friday nite. I've logged about 1500miles since then and I have to say, it has performed flawlessly. It drives smooth & quiet, and the pedal feel is very smooth and lite, but not too lite. The car is a totally different animal now, finally working as I hoped it would when I bought it (clutch was toast when i got it). Now the car is truely what it's susposed to be, and now I can actually enjoy it. It drives consistantly the same whether its bumper to bumper traffic or on a twisty back road. It engages & releases sliky smooth. I cannot compare it to stock, but I can somewhat compare it to the Exedy stg3. The pedal feel is lighter, smother, absoluty no chatter when starting from a stop and the car revs more freely due the better design & lighter clutch assembly. As far as I'm concerned, unless your boosted big, this is the clutch to have in your NSX. And as for SOS, definatley the best place to deal with, short of no-one else. Everyone there is great to deal with and they're willing to truly help you decide what is best for you and your car, not just to take your money. So thanks to all the guys at SOS (especailly Bryan in the begining and Chris for cleaning it up in the end) and here's to future and great success.

Cheers

Kyle

So, which one are you referring to? Sport or Twin Carbon? Video?

Back