• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat Foam

I am going to restore a pair of seats back to OEM. The foam on one seat is a little weak. I could probably just buy some foam and make it work but does anybody know of a source for the seat back foam?

The seat cushions appear to be still available from Amayama.

A little bit expensive because the foam does not appear to be sold separately from the leather upholstery. However, might be worth the cost because finding the correct density foam and then cutting and fitting could be a lot of work.

To make it even more complicated all I really need is the piece that is on the side near the headrest. I think the answer is probably going to be just to replace it in that small area with another piece of foam.

That is not a complication. That makes it easier and building up with some layers of foam is the answer. I was thinking more along the lines that you had a clapped out bottom cushion.

To make it even more complicated all I really need is the piece that is on the side near the headrest. I think the answer is probably going to be just to replace it in that small area with another piece of foam.
The side bolster foam is not sold separately, so you'd have to source it from another seat. Most people have an upholsterer cut a new piece to match.

Honcho, I think I am just going to repair what I have. The good news is that this project is just for entertainment since I am restoring an extra set of seats.

Back