• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat Leather Skins/Cover Replacement DIY

Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge and of course, putting together the videos :) I've watched a few of them and they are a good source of info. BTW, your son is a great helper! I hope mine grows up to be the same way.

Cheers!

Thank you!!! It is work to film, but we love doing it. My wife is behind the camera most of the time and giving me a hand, so I am grateful for that. My son is a good kid. Takes work and laying some discipline at times. I am sure your kid will do great. :D

My local shop is saying $200/seat (labor)...I might do that?
Having done it myself, I'd pay the $$ for a shop to do it next time. It's a pain to get the hog rings, stretching and fitment right.

I've done scores of seat covers and at least 25 for the NSX. Each one is a little different. Some need additional foam or foam repair. I've steamed some to get them to fluff back up. Takes time, patience and tools. After the first ten years you start to get really good. :) Nice video!

I did it and thought it was not too hard. IMG_8298.jpg

Back