• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Securing a NSX to a trailer...

I checked the FAQ on this issue and read about the J-holes in the side rails.

I'll investigate this further but I was curious to how others secure their cars.

When you look at under the car I noticed that there are brackets (about 1/8" thick steel) mounted to the frame on all 4 corners that have large slots in them. They certainly look suitable for attaching tie-down hooks to.

Any consensus here?

Jim

PS: Can you tell I'm getting ready for NSXPO?
wink.gif

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
I checked the FAQ on this issue and read about the J-holes in the side rails.

I'll investigate this further but I was curious to how others secure their cars.

When you look at under the car I noticed that there are brackets (about 1/8" thick steel) mounted to the frame on all 4 corners that have large slots in them. They certainly look suitable for attaching tie-down hooks to.

Any consensus here?

Jim

PS: Can you tell I'm getting ready for NSXPO?
wink.gif

You might want to verify this with the dealer but, I believe, those plates are made to take something called a "T-Hook". I know that BMW say that this is the only way that their cars can be secured to a flat-bed. Where you buy tie-downs with this type of hook I am not sure. Search on google?

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
You might want to verify this with the dealer but, I believe, those plates are made to take something called a "T-Hook". I know that BMW say that this is the only way that their cars can be secured to a flat-bed. Where you buy tie-downs with this type of hook I am not sure. Search on google?

Here is a picture of a t-hook:

thook.gif

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Here is a source for the t-hooks. Don't know if this is the best source, just the first one I found in a quick search! Remember, google is your friend!

hks7_small.jpg

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

[This message has been edited by lemansnsx (edited 25 August 2001).]

Lemans,

Thanks for the info. It looks like those T hooks might be better suited for the holes in the sill.

The plates/holes at each corner look more suited for a conventional hook that you would find on a tie down strap.

I'll have to get under the car and take another look and perhaps shoot some digital pics.

Thanks again,
Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

When I pulled my '92 NSX from Seattle to Phoenix on a U-Haul full-size trailer it was a piece of cake and I had no problem hooking it to the trailer. Can't remember how I did it, but it was very easy - I'd recommend the full size U-Haul puller...

David Allen
'00 Silverstone-T
~350RWHP thanks to Mark Basch

Back