• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seeking SO3 feedback

It's time for new rubber and I'm considering a set of the SO3's. I've run two sets of SO2's and have been pleased with their performance/styling. For anyone who is running the 3's, how do you like them? Dry handling? Wet? Styling? Do the fronts have the nice little rim protector rib on the sidewall like the SO2's do? Has anyone tracked these tires? If so, how do they hold up? Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi, I've run one season (6 month only... now it's parked due to snow) on S-03, and I've totally changed my mind about them.
In the beginning I vas not so satisfied, but the more I drove the better they turned out! and the wet-grip is excellent! Unfortunately I have to invest in a new pair next spring because they are like worn out. But that is self-made, to much playing in the roundabouts :)
But I can highly recommend them.
/Martin

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

I run Toyo Proxies T1S and love them. The price is right and they perform well. If you are looking for a place to buy the SO3s or other tires like the Toyos, try this place and see if he can get you a good price. The same applies..... I have no financial interest in this; just passing a good source to my fellow NSXters.
He's located in the Southern CA area.
Tell him that Kenji Ligon said to call for good pricing. Also, he can get rims from Japan
biggrin.gif

Vik Andonian
(Discount Tires)
1-888-568-2746

Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX
Montgomery, AL

try this place and see if he can get you a good price. The same applies..... I have no financial interest in this; just passing a good source to my fellow NSXters.

Kenji, how do his prices compare with the prices that the NSX Club's wholesale reps at Discount Tire Direct give to club members?

Originally posted by Attitude Adjuster:
... If you are looking for a place to buy the SO3s or other tires like the Toyos, try this place and see if he can get you a good price. ...

Toyos are generally not available mail-order. (I'll call the place you mentioned just in case.) Does anyone know a place that has good prices and ships?

I've only run the Yokohama A-022 and Bridgestone R010 on my NSX, and prefer the Yokohama... but boy do they wear out fast.

I'd love for this thread to turn into a nice long opinion-filled talk on people's experiences with different tires, because I'd like to try something new after my current A-022's wear out.

Thanks in advance,

Z18

Hmmmm......

First i had the S02's. I found these absolutely excelent, actualy to good for the driving i do, to much grip on the road, no more playing with the back (at lower speeds).

Now i have the S03's, and found them not as good as the S02's, but then, i like these better for the driving i do.

Dunnu about the S03's on the track, all i can say for using the S02's on a warm dry track, is that you will destroy them ;-)

Dutchy

I have the S-03 too on my NSX and I am very happy with them!

OK, I can't compare them with the S-02 because I have no experience with them but the S-03 are much much better than my previous Michelin Pilot Sport.

My main concern about the Michelin is the sidewall ... not stiff enough for my taste !

Just my 0.02 cents !

David http://www.macs.ch/homepages/david/

[This message has been edited by Enzo (edited 14 November 2001).]

I have had the S03's in 18" front and rear sizes for about 2500 miles now. This replaced my 15/16 PZero setup which was ok.

These are the only two tires I've had on my NSX, but I've gone through many other tires in other cars.

The SO3's are too capable for my driving here in Atlanta, they grip incredible in wet or dry. They are very stiff, and with the 18" rims, I feel every bump in the road, which doesn't bother me, but might other people. I really don't think I would get them again for my car which doesn't see any track or get into very nice roads very often. But they are really good tires if you are looking for the ultimate in street performance. Not as grippy as my race A032's, but they were *so* loud
smile.gif

I say get them if your NSX is not your daily driver. But perhaps much of my stiffness is due to my large wheels.

Sam

Back