• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Server problems?

I'm sure you encountered too that Prime was down today and yesterday for a large part of the day (at least it was daylight here). I hope it's not a serious server or provider problem as it was some time ago, Lud? "Down" hours like these make once again clear how addicted you are to this site :wink:

Hi. My name is Nalesh. I'm addicted to Prime. :biggrin:

I was going nuts trying to connect to Prime last night and the day before. This has happened two days in a row in the evenings (after 7pm Pacific Time, for me). I stayed up to 1am checking to see if it would come back online (yes, both days. sad, I know). My guess is that the DNS server may be having an issue resolving to the site. Is there a server move going on?

Has Prime been experiencing more downtime than usual lately?

I could be completely off here, but it seems that over the past couple months Prime has run into a few more bumps in the road than usual when it comes to availibility.

Excluding last night, it seems that most of these incidents were very short-lived though.

Is there something to this or is it my imagination?

Re: Has Prime been experiencing more downtime than usual lately?

I just happened to look at the number of people logged yesterday and today and the numbers are way high, 388 a moment ago and only 41 were members the rest guests. Is Prime being raided, is there a topic that's drawing all these guests? Just curious.

Make that now 430 and only 56 members .....!

Yes a bunch of Honda engineers and designers are looking to see how the next nsx will need to be constructed :tongue:

Hi

I have been hitting the refresh button every other second.

Glad that we are back.

And now back to our regular program :)

Regards

Lud, anything we as members can do to help with server/uptime issues? if so, let us know - we're all addicts ;)

hal

If you guys knew that PRIME was down, then when the server came back up, why post that it was down? Not meaning to stir the pot, but why post about something that is in the past? :confused:

Yellow Rose said:
... but why post about something that is in the past? :confused:
seems a combination of observation, complaint and acknowledgment of their love of prime.

Just Funnin'

I like PRIME too.....but if you had to open your umbrella, I don't bother to tell you the next day that it rained. :biggrin:

Re: Just Funnin'

Yellow Rose said:
I like PRIME too.....but if you had to open your umbrella, I don't bother to tell you the next day that it rained. :biggrin:
What the hell is wrong with asking Lud what's the cause of the downtime? I'm asking the same question now for about 3 weeks and didn't receive an answer yet. Who are you to criticize that??? :mad:

Last edited:
Re: Just Funnin'

Yellow Rose said:
but if you had to open your umbrella, I don't bother to tell you the next day that it rained.
But you might if nearly every day until then had been clear and sunny. :)

NSX-Racer.... please calm down, didn't you see the smile at the end of my post?

Didn't you bother to read in the subject line of my post that I said I am joking?

Don't get bent out of shape about me criticizing, because I could care less why a server is down. I was just trying to make a bit of humor of the situation. My apology to you (and others) if my sense of humor does not fit your liking. Wow, tough crowd.

I spent two weeks last month is a very isolated part of the country (work, not vacation) with no internet. I managed to get by, so this whole “why-is-PRIME-server-down” issue is somewhat blown out of proportion. This is only my opinion and I wish not to create any fuss. I missed PRIME too, but there are other things to keep me occupied.

Yellow Rose said:
Didn't you bother to read in the subject line of my post that I said I am joking?

Don't get bent out of shape about me criticizing, because I could care less why a server is down. I was just trying to make a bit of humor of the situation. My apology to you (and others) if my sense of humor does not fit your liking.
Oops, no need to apologize - I really didn't read the subject line. Seems that 19 hours downtime obviously killed my sense of humour and great parts of my vision capacity - sorry. Tomorrow my holidays are over so I will also have some things to do again that are nearly as important as NSXPrime.

Back