• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Service with Xavier: TECH7042

Just had a major service/tuneup completed by Xavier, including: timing belt/water pump service, cam plug replacement, gaskets, hoses, SoS LMA installation and valve adjustment. I'm kinda in the enviable position of being able to choose pretty much any shop I want to in the United States since I am driving from Washington DC to San Diego, CA in a couple of weeks, but the DC area is fortunate to have multiple capable mechanics. Given the length of the drive I've got planned, I opted to have this major service done before the trip as a precaution.

I chose Xavier because I like to bring my car to guys who own and actually drive their NSXs. On top of that, I like that Xavier is the kind of guy to update me frequently with what's going on with the repairs while being very upfront about the service, the parts and any additional costs. No surprises, no sticker shock, no drama. Just good honest service.

I dropped the car off at noon on Saturday. By 2pm Xavier was sending me pics of the engine out of the car, ready for further work. By 8pm I got a video update with the engine already back in the car and running. Gotta admit, I was impressed. I'm proud to say I know a small handful of NSX techs that I trust with this kind of work and Xavier over-delivered. Picked up my car on Sunday morning and paid a very competitive price for his handiwork. He went over some of the finer details in person (things that didn't show up well in pics he sent over) and also handed me a box with all of the used parts that were originally on the car.

FYI for anyone searching: cam plugs for Honda B-series motors (at least Skunk2 ones) will not work with the NSX C-series motors. Bryan had measured the difference a few days ago with a micrometer and the B-series cam plugs are just very slightly too small.

Anyways, 10/10. Mid-Atlantic + DC-area NSX guys: you're lucky you've got so many options in the area. See you guys around.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Fred! I have been following your journey across the U.S. and am glad to see the car is safely transporting you across the country. Safe travels, and have fun in Hawaii!

Back