• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shmee giving the Gen 2 a go in Vegas

haha my 13 yo loves shmeeeeeeeeee and stradman...

That was a great review. NC1 rocks. Then again, I liked it before it was cool to like it...

I watch a lot of Shmee's videos and give him credit from going from a rich kid with a video camera to a savvy business person with a team working for him in xyz ventures. He has great access to top collections and manufacturers.

Stradman hasn't evolved from being the teenager screaming wow overtime he touches a supercar. The recent video he did where he borrowed a Speedtail and took it to a McDonalds drive through was pretty low class in my book.

Ok, back to Shmee, when he is really into a car he gets all giddy during the drive. He was pretty sedate during the NSX video. He certainly likes it but here is a guy with a fleet of super and hyper cars at this point, so the NSX wouldn't be a big deal addition. I would be expecting him to add a Pagani, Koenigsegg or the new Gordon Murray car to his new man cave.

maybe but you and I are not his audience strad that is my 13 yo is...

Stradman is driving a Veyron. His style has led to his success.

I give credit to folks who are successful. The guy who is less talked about is Mo Vlogs. He has 10.5 million subscribers. His magic formula appears to be focusing on extreme wealth, usually in Dubai/Middle East and including his sister in most of the videos.

^^^^^^^ - that isn't a recent NSX is it? The silver beak looks odd to me. Also, was that the Andaro blue or the new Long Beach blue ?
Confused.

Last edited:
Shmee has developed credibility and maturity. Lots of fender polisher hyper car owners talk, but Tim has the guts to put his cars on the track. Nobody else has put a Senna on the Nurburgring. He isn't that bad of driver either. Based I what I've seen he's be under 8 minutes in the Senna. He also had his Ford GT, and AMG GTR there as well.
The guys enthusiasm is second to none and he knows his way around cars. That makes the shout out on the NSX even more credible. I do wish we would have done a launch and he would have been even more impressed.
Jimmy aka sled driver

I just wish Shmee would work on being more consistent with his spec choices.

His Ford GT was so well though out, based on a UK based Ford racing team and then he had anodized paddles done by the OEM to match his stripe.

The cerulean blue Senna also looks great.

But then he has this nasty green Mustang (and I love the color green) and he previously did a green 911 with red calipers, and for some reason I can't take his dark blue and orange Aston Martin (I like those cars to be elegant and his is anything but elegant). Perhaps he could outsource spec decisions to Mr. JWW.

Some of his best video are when he visits the Apex folks at the Ring and to your point gets out there. I have to imagine that some day MB puts him in an AMG Project 1 for a lap (to use his terms, that would be epic).

Track mode on the street is a generally bad idea

I tried it once on a somewhat cold day, even with my winter tires and I was getting sideways right away

Stradman is driving a Veyron. His style has led to his success.

I give credit to folks who are successful. The guy who is less talked about is Mo Vlogs. He has 10.5 million subscribers. His magic formula appears to be focusing on extreme wealth, usually in Dubai/Middle East and including his sister in most of the videos.

I like the Stradman, and have met him in person once as he was passing through Cleveland. He's a very bright young man and knows how to play to his audience. You do know his schtick is just that. I enjoy his videos for the access to artistic cars that they offer. I'm 52 and still a nerdy, car-obsessed, little 17-year-old at heart :) . Just like James.

And Mo Vlogs...been watching for years simply to see when he runs out of ideas LOL.

Last edited:
I agree, Stradman employs shtick in his formula.

Just noting that it has gotten old. It was ok at first when he had a Gallardo and would make a big deal out of having to get his battery replaced.

I appreciate when these folks evolve to improve the product and differentiate.

The Seen Through Glass for example changed up to use his cars as elements of travel lifestyle.

Even the Life of Palos guy, who I found to be super annoying in terms of style (essentially a low budget TMZ look at other car vloggers) has pivoted to more of a information format and less sensationalism.

Pirelli Sotto Zero 3 in the OEM sizes. I actually like these tires better than the Contis.

I bought a second set of Y spoke wheels at my local servicing dealer back in 2016 so the changeovers are easy.

Acura maintains tight control over the parts for these cars.

When my servicing dealer ordered the wheels, only 3 of the 4 were in stock.

These were shipped to Chicago and sat at the dealership.

The 4th wheel was mistakenly shipped to my purchasing dealership in Wisconsin.

The parts guy in WI called me up, asking for my credit card so he could ship it to me.

I got my servicing dealership to intervene and it got sorted out in a couple of days.

Back