• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Should I remove my tint?

Should I remove my tints?

• Yes

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 63.4%
  • Either way looks fine...

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
thinking I may want to get rid of the tints on my windows. thoughts on this are appreciated....thanks.

IMG_2025.jpg

I wouln't have put it on your car in the first place.
But honestly since the previous owner has already done it and it looks soogood. IMO way better contrast to the rio yellow then untinted, and it will protect your interior I say enjoy that it is on.

I on the other hand voted take it off. The car is hardly driven hence no interior damage will occur when parked outside the brief amount it is.

Cars look better untinted IMO...I'm thinking of removing mine!

I thought tint, on the front windows, is illegal in California. Since it's on already, I would remove it until you get a fix it ticket. Definitely keep the rear tint.

it is lol...so is lack of a front license plate :)

If you get a fix it ticket, then do both. Most cops don't give fix it tickets unless they stop you for something else and he/she had a bad day.:wink:

On my black nsx, which came with similar tint, I removed the tint from the rear hatch, and intend to have the partition window tinted. This allows the engine to be visible (I have a cf/lexan engine cover), and also eliminates some of the 'bubble car' effect full tint gives the car.

I would peel off your rear hatch tint.

My car was limo tinted when I bought it. It looked pretty cool but it was IMPOSSIBLE to drive at night. I had ALL of the tint removed. Both side windows and the rear hatch. It's SO MUCH NICER! And I can back my car up now when it's not noon! :wink:

I say get rid of it. Plus, if you're like me and keep a really clean interior, it's nice to be able to see that.

As long as it isn't bubbling or peeling, I would leave it on. The tint helps keep the cabin temps cooler and offers UV protection for the interior. Its too bad the side windows are illegal in Cali.

I have a Toyota Camry that was fully tinted until I got the dreaded fix-it ticket and had to rip the tint off the side windows. Cost me $40. Then when I went to have it signed off at the CHP station, the guy at the counter just signed it off without looking at the car. I was so pissed, I should have just left it on.

For me, no question. All my cars get tint (ok, so the Miata doesn't have tint; I thought it would look goofy with the top down, tinted windows up), first thing I do when I get them. But then again, consider my frame of reference: I live in South Florida where the summer sun is brutal.

On the NSX in particular, with the F-16-inspired cockpit, I think looks especially good with tint. Of course my cars come tinted with only what is legal: sides not so dark, rear doors (for those cars so-equipped) and rear window darker, front windscreen never.

My $.02.

in Sunny GA ---- Tint is on 50 percent of the cars-----To block excessive sun rays...... some cars look better with tint,some don't. I have not seen many cars that look ugly due to tint. If you have an ugly car tint or no ting helps or hurts IMO........

When I didn't have the windows tinted for the first 2 weeks of ownership, I was constantly wiping finger prints of the windows. TINT MASKS DIRTY WINDOWS, on lazy days.....

My back window is Very BLACK and the sides lightly tinted..... +11111 for the sun block, +111 keeping people out of it when parked and driving.......................

keep the tint......

Last edited:
I have 35% but front window tints are not allowed in NJ. I got pulled over last week and got a $58 ticket :rolleyes:

For me, no question. All my cars get tint (ok, so the Miata doesn't have tint; I thought it would look goofy with the top down, tinted windows up), first thing I do when I get them. But then again, consider my frame of reference: I live in South Florida where the summer sun is brutal.

On the NSX in particular, with the F-16-inspired cockpit, I think looks especially good with tint. Of course my cars come tinted with only what is legal: sides not so dark, rear doors (for those cars so-equipped) and rear window darker, front windscreen never.

My $.02.

youre right, F-16 cockpit look for sure...I see it now :)

Keep the side windows tinted; if you get a ricer wanting a race it's easier to ignore them. If you get pulled over by the police, simply wind the side windows down to avoid a fix-it ticket.

Keep the side windows tinted; if you get a ricer wanting a race it's easier to ignore them. If you get pulled over by the police, simply wind the side windows down to avoid a fix-it ticket.

Well, that usually does not work. The police usually spot cars with tinted windows and pull them over. Rolling your windows down is usually too late (unless he is initially going after you for a different offense).

I tried this and if they see you rolling them down they will issue a ticket. It happened to me. The officer said if I would have left them up, he would have probably let me go, but since I was rolling them down it shows that you are aware of the law.

I didn't have tint on my '01- But I think that going dark tint makes the car look not as classy. If I would have tinted the windows I would have gone light on the sides and medium on the rear.

As long as it isn't bubbling or peeling, I would leave it on. The tint helps keep the cabin temps cooler and offers UV protection for the interior. Its too bad the side windows are illegal in Cali.

I have a Toyota Camry that was fully tinted until I got the dreaded fix-it ticket and had to rip the tint off the side windows. Cost me $40. Then when I went to have it signed off at the CHP station, the guy at the counter just signed it off without looking at the car. I was so pissed, I should have just left it on.

+1,
"As long as it isn't bubbling or peeling, I would leave it on. The tint helps keep the cabin temps cooler and offers UV protection for the interior. "
The PO put it on my car, (black interior) and it helps the A/C keep the cabin very cool on the hottest days, I like it.

This works for me pretty well also. And I have the front and back the same shade( definetly illegal). Seems like cops pull me over for my front license plate all the time but don't mention the tint. But I have to worry about it all the time, looking for cops so I can roll it down incase they are around. I like it tinted and I also like the glasshouse (without the tint) so can't go wrong in my book:biggrin:

My $.02.

I'm not a fan of tint on "race cars", but it does look good on your NSX. I don't know if I'll do mine or not...I'm getting old and it's harder to see at night. :)

f-16.jpg

Keep the black tint and compliment it with some black wheels with gold detail to pull in the gold calipers. I have been thinking of doing the same to my Black/Black '04. Can't find black with gold trim/detail wheels though.

Black and yellow does look quite mean, if you want to go for that look.

It's all a matter of taste and what yanks your chain. Most importantly, drive it...:smile:

Tytus

Back