• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side engine mounts - do we really need to replace them?

I'm going to order the complete engine mounts : front, rear and the two side mounts from Honda Japan. They have the front and rear mount in stock but the other two mounts are not available. My NSX has an automatic transmission so some of the mounts are different then the manual ones according to the different part numbers. Can I skipp these two and just go with the front and rear engine mount? Do I have other option?

Normally you replace engine mounts when they show signs of cracking or splitting. What is the reason you are replacing them? Because they are old?

The inside rubber is already harden and split. I had replace the front mount last time but I am going to replace all so that I could send the old ones to SOS for recondition.

Normally you replace engine mounts when they show signs of cracking or splitting. What is the reason you are replacing them? Because they are old?

The side mounts are usually the last to tear. The front and rears take the bulk of the load.

You could consider these, they are quite a bit less than OEM mounts.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/engine_mounts/

Cheers,
-- Chris

mounts_800.jpg

Hi Chris,

Appreciate your input. I understand that the upgraded mounts requires 30 days to return the factory mount to your company. I am looking at my option to get the oem mounts from Honda and and have zero downtime for me to send you the old ones in exchange for the upgraded ones. Could you PM me how much is the deposit for the three mounts?

Thanks.

Mur.

Back