• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Side skirt recommendations please

I will be keeping front spoiler stock on my Blue 05 and may add a NSX-R wing in rear. What is the best looking easy to install skirt available with a cut out to match fender intake. Pics if you have them thanks. Oh BTW BB exhaust arrived today.4 weeks to build it..their Corvette orders really backed them up.

I would probably recommend against any of the larger side skirts with scoops that are out there. Being larger/bulkier looking than OEM, they tend to make an NSX with an OEM front and back look like it's missing something. My personal opinion is that they visually overpower even a WW front spoiler. That's why I ended getting a new front end after installing Vinny sideskirts.

The WW sideskirt, on the other hand, isn't as big and may look okay, but past examples have exhibited drooping/sagging problems.

The sideskirts made by stacy'snsx might fit the bill for you. Read about the development of his sideskirts in this thread.

attachment.php

Enjoy the B&B exhaust. I love mine. :D

-Randy

Last edited:
I also vote for Stacy's side skirt :biggrin: subtle and yet aggressive :biggrin:

i concur, those skirts are hot, and dont look like they just got strapped on as an after thought :biggrin:

FuryNSX said:
I would probably recommend against any of the larger side skirts with scoops that are out there. Being larger/bulkier looking than OEM, they tend to make an NSX with an OEM front and back look like it's missing something. My personal opinion is that they visually overpower even a WW front spoiler. That's why I ended getting a new front end after installing Vinny sideskirts.

The WW sideskirt, on the other hand, isn't as big and may look okay, but past examples have exhibited drooping/sagging problems.

The sideskirts made by stacy'snsx might fit the bill for you. Read about the development of his sideskirts in this thread.

attachment.php

Enjoy the B&B exhaust. I love mine. :D

-Randy
Thanks guys for your support!
Do understand in that picture the door pieces are not on the car.
I will get these on my car soon,LOL!!
Been really busy organizing my garage for shelf space so I can stock parts.
Stacy

Also for the '02 and newer,I will hopefully take a look at these to see if my kit will work with the factory door pieces.I didn't copy them but how different could they be.We don't have alot of NSX's where I live,but I think I have located an '02 fairly close to home,to take a gander at.I will sell the kit in pieces for the newer style cars if this idea works.I will try to do this late afternoon tommorow.
Stacy

Sorry guys the one '02 we had here locally has been sold to a place that is a tad bit too far for me to drive(15 hours away).I think it should work but I am not sure.The only difference would be thickness of the door piece.If it is less than mine,it would only mean a little more fitting of the skirt to fit.I don't think it would be a big deal.Anybody interested in trying,let me know!
Stacy

Back