• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sitting Shotgun in a CT SC NSX yesterday...

just thought i'd share... It was pretty damn fast!! But IMHO, not worth the $10k that the owner paid to have it done.... I mean if you're going to put that kind of money into your car, I would expect to have more than 400+HP from a TT kit...

Don't get me wrong, it was rediculously fast... Unfortunately I was riding shotgun and didnt get to feel how fun it must have been to drive it...

Certainly made me wanna take out a small loan and get one...heheheh

-Electro

If they want more power they can turn up the boost. I rode in a 9psi CT SC and it was awesome. You can turn up the boost on either the SC or the TT with tuning. You can get 450HP from the turbos if you like. As the power goes up, the reliability goes down.

I would expect to have more than 400+HP from a TT kit...

It's a supercharger, not a turbocharger. The advantage of the CT kit, and superchargers in general, is a linear powercurve, not ultimate high-boost, low loss, turbo power with lag.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

[This message has been edited by ScienceofSpeed (edited 15 August 2001).]

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
It's a supercharger, not a turbocharger. Rge advantage of the CT kit, and superchargers in general, is a pinear powercurve, not ultimate high-boost, low loss, turbo power with lag.

-- Chris

That was exactly my point... I would want more HP from a TT kit than a SC kit... and pay about the same amount of money...

-Electro

As I mentioned above, the ultimate HP does not matter. Either could turn up the boost and achieve the power you need (to a limit).
As Chris mentioned, it's the delivery of the power that is different.
It would be a good idea to drive both and see what you think. I had a blast in the 9psi comptech.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
It's a supercharger, not a turbocharger. The advantage of the CT kit, and superchargers in general, is a linear powercurve, not ultimate high-boost, low loss, turbo power with lag.

I'll spare everyone the usual rants and raves on this one, but the concept of "turbo lag" is SO misunderstood, particularly when comparing the NSX TT/SC options.

A properly designed turbo kit should always outperform a properly designed SC kit. The SC kit will draw power to create power while turbos used wasted power to generate power. Also, with the new turbos that are out, developing a kit with virtually no lag is not impossible to do.

Who has more info about the new turbos that use electric motors (from what I've heard) to keep the motors spooled up?

-Electro

Back