• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Slingbox? Anyone got one?

I've got an Amazon gift cert. burning a whole in my pocket and was thinking of getting a Slingbox. Anyone have one?

Is it worth buying a higher end one that can do HD? My laptop does have a HD screen, but would I really be streaming HD content through the Slingbox? The cheap one is $106 at amazon and the expensive one is $180ish. Not sure if it's worth it. I don't intend to try to stream my dvd player or anything other than the cable box.

Thoughts, experiences, practical advice???

I have a Slingbox Pro, and love it. Picture quality is excellent, and I've experienced zero lag time.

Your mileage may vary, however, depending on the quality of your video cards and Internet connection speeds.

I have a Slingbox Pro, and love it. Picture quality is excellent, and I've experienced zero lag time.

Your mileage may vary, however, depending on the quality of your video cards and Internet connection speeds.

Yellow, why'd you go with the Pro version? Did you want the multiple inputs? Did you buy the HD converter cable thingy?

I bought the original Slingbox when it first came out... allows me to watch my own Satellite TV from anywhere in the world with broadband.... the picture quality is actually surprisingly good... not HD for sure, but pretty good. I love mine... dont know much about the newer models though.

Back