• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Smog test

I'm in Danville, does anybody know a shoppe that deals with nsx's for smog test fairly close to me I do appreciate the feedback I hope you're feeling well and your family Drive safe thank you in advance:biggrin:

I've been using this shop for quite a few years:

Vista Test Only Center
18 Woodland Avenue, Unit A
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 454-7664

They do a TON of exotics, many brought there in enclosed transporters. The owner told me one Lambo comes every two years (in a trailer) after only having been driven 5 or 6 miles.

H-

FROM THE 914World.com forum:
dlkawashima
Apr 21 2016, 12:03 PM

There are 58 counties in California. 34 counties fully require biennial smog inspections.

18 counties are not part of the biennial smog inspection program:
Alpine
Amador
Calaveras
Del Norte
Humboldt
Imperial
Inyo
Lake
Lassen
Mariposa
Mendocino
Modoc
Mono
Plumas
Sierra
Siskiyou
Trinity
Tuolumne

Six counties have certain (remote) zip codes that do not require biennial smog inspections
El Dorado
Placer
Riverside
San Bernardino
San Diego
Sonoma

Use the link below to see if your zip code requires biennial smog inspections. If it says Enhanced or Basic then it's part of the program. If it returns Change of Ownership it means it's not. For example, try zip code 92222:

http://smogcheck.ca.gov/pubwebquery/Ziparea/ZipLookup.aspx

SirAndy
Apr 21 2016, 12:09 PM

Also worth mentioning, you're only exempt from smog testing(!), but *NOT* from complying with the smog laws of the year of the engine(!) in your car.

Meaning, if you happen to have a '70 914 and you put in a '95 3.6L engine, you still have to keep all the smog equipment for that '95 engine.

You are still exempt from the testing, but if you ever piss off the wrong cop they can ticket you if your car doesn't comply with the rules of the engine year.

I you have an an address at your disposal in one of these non participating counties, registering your car with said address will get you out of the required smog testing. What's interesting is your mailing address can be anywhere else.

C

How’d the smog go? I’m having trouble passing, high NOx about 100 pts over the limit. I took the car in piping hot to a local shop but the tech didn’t know the car so took a while to set it up and I failed. May have to make the trek out to Hayward, I’m in Redwood City. Foreign Affair is my car right now and they are recommending new cats but I really don’t want to spring for that right now....

I need to get my 91 NSX smog tested next month. We have a dyno in my smog class at the college I'm gonna run the ASM test on it to see how well I can expect it to do.

Back