• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snap-ring issue in Automatic

Was this problem specificly a manual transmission issue? Or can an Automatic have a potential snap-ring problem? I checked the WIKI but didnt turn up any results.

That the problem is limited to standard transmissions is a fact that was not mentioned in the FAQ. Go ahead and look at it again -- nowhere does it say that autos are excluded.
You find this out by poring over the threads and happening upon the info by accident. As a result I took a look at the tranny no. when I bought my car.:redface:
BTW, Sarge, I have one of those '91 silver/black autos. One of 34, man!
How come you had to swap out to another?:confused:

I cannot say I have heard of an auto snapring failure, but....the auto trans does have THREE snaprings:)

Let the speculation begin:D:D

LarryB

Last edited:
Wow Larry. I thought if anyone knew for sure it would be you. I hope I never have to learn the hard way.

That the problem is limited to standard transmissions is a fact that was not mentioned in the FAQ. Go ahead and look at it again -- nowhere does it say that autos are excluded.
You find this out by poring over the threads and happening upon the info by accident. As a result I took a look at the tranny no. when I bought my car.:redface:
BTW, Sarge, I have one of those '91 silver/black autos. One of 34, man!
How come you had to swap out to another?:confused:

wanted to pay off a few BIG bills, now that I have, it seems nothing has changed. Its those damm little bills that keep comming. I guess thats my purpose in life.....HAHA paying bills.

I tried ignoring the bills once hoping they forget about me...no luck. Bastards! :rolleyes:

Back