• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Snap Ring OH SH*T !!!! in Los Angeles Please HELP!!

NSXIFIED,

When you are checking on prices be sure of one thing. YOU MUST HAVE THE TRANS CASE REPLACED. If you get a really good price just be sure they are not replacing the snap-ring and installing the original case, you will have solved nothing. I estimate this repair would be between $1500-$2000.

The case is between $500-$750. (GUNN Acura wanted $543.39 last time I checked) So if you get a price of $800 - $900 for the repair you may get what you pay for: new snapring/old case = BAD

The clutch replacement AT THE SAME TIME AS THE TRANS FIX should add about $1200-$1500, so let's say $3500 tops, done properly. Good luck with goodwill, but I am under the impression that this repair is harder and harder to get goodwilled at this point in time.

HTH,
LarryB

Thanks if and when the time comes I'll hang onto the price info and present it to Mark and see if those figures work for him and well take it from there.I m sure he's compeditivly priced.Thanks much

------------------

Ok here the final word, works been done and she as tight as can be...feels awesome!! Larry kicks ass..I got a new ceramic clutch, well basicially I got a Rebuilt clutch, two new discs, material options, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, AND installation and replaced the snap ring casing and snap ring, and yes every part replcaced is out of snap ring range and garunteed by Larry. I got out of there at reasonalbe price under 2500. Larry definetly worked me a deal, I hooked him and his boys up with a case full of DVD's since I work at a Film studio, the swag stuff goes a long way. Acura headquaters did call back but I have not bothered to call because the were very noncomittal in the begining and I got a new clutch throw in for the minimum amout they were quoting just to fix the snap ring. I feel good about it so I am happy. I knew my car was in the Snap range when I bought it, but I took a chance because the car was in prestine shape, I figure I would'nt get a clean as car even for a little more with no Snap potential...Oh well all worked out I thankful Ilya for turning me on to Larry at NSX modified..

Back